FileCat premium

Kuh Ledesma - Unforgettable (1986) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Kuh Ledesma - Unforgettable (1986) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 12 Oct 2017, 14:21

Artist: Kuh Ledesma
Album: Unforgettable
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: WEA / Universal
Released: 1986
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Fascinating Rhythm (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 2:56
  2. It Had to Be You (Jones) - 3:58
  3. Too Marvelous for Words (Whiting-Mercer) - 3:19
  4. Singing in the Rain (Freed-Brown) - 3:03
  5. All the Way (Cahn-Van Heusen) - 4:14
  6. The Lady Is a Tramp (Rodgers-Hart) - 2:20
  7. All the Things You Are (Hammerstein-Kern) - 3:44
  8. The Nearness of You (Washington-Carmichael) - 3:39
  9. Embraceable You (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 2:52
  10. Unforgettable (Gordon) - 3:56
  11. As Time Goes By (Hupfeld) - 3:25
  12. If I Give My Heart to You (Crane-Jacobs-Brewster) - 3:33
  13. An Affair to Remember (Warren-Adamson-McCarey) - 4:12
  14. You'll Never Know (Warren-Gordon) - 3:47
  15. When I Fall in Love (Heyman-Young) - 3:17

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In 1985, Philippine female singer Kuh Ledesma released Unforgettable, an album containing time-honored popular songs by such esteemed American songwriters as George Gershwin, Jerome Kern, Richard Rodgers, and Hoagy Carmichael. Throughout the album, Kuh Ledesma imbues a delicate strength, delving into the lyrics and giving the songs a sensuous glow. Kuh Ledesma has much talent, and is easily one of the Philippines' best singers. One song performed here is the oft-recorded "My Funny Valentine," composed by Richard Rogers and Lorenz Hart. Kuh Ledesma applies an introspective, delicate touch to this beautiful ballad, and the piano adds a warm incandescence. Also performed is the lovely "Embraceable You," composed by George Gershwin, arguably America's greatest composer and his brother, the lyricist Ira Gershwin. Once again, Kuh Ledesma injects a quiet elegance, reminiscent of Ella Fitzgerald's performance of "Embraceable You" on the seminal 1959 recording Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbook. Another famous song here is the silky "Unforgettable," a big hit for Nat "King" Cole in the early '50s. Kuh Ledesma is self-assured here, confidently navigating the song's tender nuances. All songs on Unforgettable emote a quiet elegance. The music on Unforgettable is beautiful, and there is a wonderful, graceful ambience throughout the album. Unforgettable achieves international standards, although this style of song does not attract a mass audience. Still, more people should listen to albums such as Kuh Ledesma's Unforgettable.
Review by David Gonzales

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”