FileCat premium

Simon Phillips - Protocol 4 (2017) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Jazz-Rock, Jazz-Funk, Jazzy Blues
Mike1985
Uploader

Simon Phillips - Protocol 4 (2017) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 30 Nov 2017, 12:08

Artist: Simon Phillips
Album: Protocol IV
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Rock
Label: Phantom Recordings
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Nimbus (Phillips) - 8:56
  2. Pentangle (Phillips) - 6:47
  3. Passage to Agra (Phillips) - 7:16
  4. Solitaire (Phillips) - 5:59
  5. Interlude (Phillips) - 1:39
  6. Celtic Run (Phillips) - 7:48
  7. All Things Considered (Phillips) - 5:53
  8. Phantom Voyage (Phillips) - 7:31
  9. Azorez (Phillips) - 6:44

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Simon Phillips - drums
  • Greg Howe - guitars
  • Dennis Hamm - keyboards
  • Ernest Tibbs - bass

Respected British drummer Simon Phillips has a resume that’s as long as your arm…assuming you have a long arm. Here on his fourth release under the Protocol title he once again is performing with Greg Howe, Ernest Tibbs and Dennis Hamm. Together they’ve created fifty-eight minutes of some of the finest instrumental Fusion music I’ve heard in a long time. Most of these tunes are longer, in the six to eight minute range allowing for a great mix of combo performance and soloing. After all, this is a genre and an album that showcases performance and instrumental virtuosity, and on Protocol 4 we get plenty of both. Actually I have to say while the Fusion is a timeless genre, I was taken on a bit of a nostalgic trip listening to the music on display here and reminded of bands I first encountered as I explored the Prog genre in the late seventies; bands like Brand X, Bill Bruford’s early stuff and Colosseum II around the time of Electric Savage. If I’m brutally honest, I guess what I like about the music of Simon Phillips is that it retains a strong rock foundation but they simply add to that with the complex drumming, sliding bass lines and intricate lead guitar lines. The rhythmic foundation is pretty much rock based while the performance infuses lots of jazzy vibes, hence the Fusion tag. It’s a style and a genre that Prog fans know well and the music on Protocol 4 is a classic representation of Fusion at its finest.

Return to “Jazz Fusion (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”