FileCat premium

Lizz Wright - Salt (2003) [Jazz]; APE (image + .cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Lizz Wright - Salt (2003) [Jazz]; APE (image + .cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 27 Jan 2016, 16:47

Artist: Lizz Wright
Album: Salt
Genre: Jazz
Label: Verve
Released: 2003
Quality: APE (image + .cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Open Your Eyes, You Can Fly
  2. Salt
  3. Afro Blue
  4. Soon as I Get Home
  5. Walk With Me, Lord
  6. Eternity
  7. Goodbye
  8. Vocalise/End of the Line
  9. Fire
  10. Blue Rose
  11. Lead the Way
  12. Silence

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Vocalist Lizz Wright delivers jazz that harks back to such luminaries as Nina Simone and Abbey Lincoln on her debut Verve release, Salt. Still in her early twenties, Wright has a warm, dusky voice reminiscent of Cassandra Wilson and similarly to Wilson seems interested in tackling an eclectic mix of jazz standards, traditional folk, and R&B. Early on, a folky afterglow-Latin version of "Afro Blue" takes center stage followed by the gorgeous "Soon as I Get Home," which betters the version from The Wiz. Wright fairs equally well as a songwriter with about half the album filled with her soaring, bluesy ballads. There is a melancholy yet positive '70s vibe that eminates from songs like "Fire," which resonates lyrically as well as melodically much like the personal/sociopolitical writing of another of Wright's obvious inspirations, Terry Callier. Perhaps a little too low-key to register very high on the pop radio scale, but invested with enough sanguine emotionality and chops to make Salt easily recommended to fans of the neo-soul movement.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”