FileCat premium

Teddy Wilson - A Jazz Hour with Teddy Wilson: Gershwin, Ellington and More (2006) [Swing, Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Teddy Wilson - A Jazz Hour with Teddy Wilson: Gershwin, Ellington and More (2006) [Swing, Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Jan 2018, 14:53

Artist: Teddy Wilson
Album: A Jazz Hour with Teddy Wilson: Gershwin, Ellington and More
Genre: Swing, Mainstream Jazz
Label: Jazz Hour/Intermusic S.A.
Released: 2006
Recorded: Atlanta, GA on August 17, 1980
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. It Ain't Necessarily So (Gershwin-Gershwin-Heyward)/Bess, You Is My Woman Now (Gershwin-Gershwin-Heyward)/Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away) (Gershwin-Gershwin-Kahn) - 5:03
  2. The Man I Love (Gershwin-Gershwin)/Oh, Lady Be Good (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 5:36
  3. Someone to Watch over Me (Gershwin-Gershwin)/Our Love Is Here to Stay (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 5:32
  4. Summertime (Gershwin-Gershwin-Heyward) - 2:48
  5. I Got Rhythm (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 3:58
  6. I Can't Get Started (With You) (Gershwin-Duke)/Moonglow (Mills-Hudson-DeLange) - 3:38
  7. Sophisticated Lady (Ellington-Mills-Parish)/Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Ellington-Russell) - 3:31
  8. In My Solitude (Ellington-Mills-DeLange)/Take the "A" Train (Strayhorn) - 5:41
  9. Satin Doll (Ellington-Strayhorn-Mercer) - 5:29
  10. Prelude to a Kiss (Ellington-Gordon-Mills)/It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (Ellington-Mills) - 5:15
  11. Perdido (Tizol-Drake-Lengsfelder) - 5:11
  12. Lush Life (Strayhorn) - 1:52
  13. Stompin' at the Savoy (Sampson-Razaf-Goodman-Webb) - 2:31
  14. Avalon (Rose-Jolson-DeSylva) - 4:12

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Teddy Wilson - piano
  • Layman Jackson - bass
  • Billy Daniels - drums

The last years of pianist Teddy Wilson's career were productive, fruitful, energetic, and active ones. This 14-track 1980 live concert setting showcases Wilson playing standards written by Duke Ellington and the brothers Gershwin, and they give the pianist excellent vehicles to strut his stuff. While in a trio setting with the relatively obscure bassist Layman Jackson and drummer Billy Daniels, Wilson is the centerpiece, playing solo for long stretches before his rhythm mates chime in. Many of the Gershwin features are extended medleys with multiple tunes strung together, Wilson playing fast and strong or delicate and light at the snap of two fingers. The Ellington material is closer to Wilson's true heart and all of it is rendered beautifully. As was his style, you hear quite a few stride inflections, blues, ballads, and some fleet boppish lines. Teddy Wilson was precious, and this recording -- one of the best in the Jazz Hour series -- shows why.
Review by Michael G. Nastos

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”