FileCat premium

Diana Krall - When I Look in Your Eyes (1999) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Diana Krall - When I Look in Your Eyes (1999) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Apr 2023, 20:34

Artist: Diana Krall
Album: When I Look in Your Eyes
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Impulse! / Universal Victor
Released: 1999
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Let's Face the Music and Dance (5:19)
  2. Devil May Care (3:20)
  3. Let's Fall in Love (4:19)
  4. When I Look in Your Eyes (4:32)
  5. Popsicle Toes (4:28)
  6. I've Got You Under My Skin (6:10)
  7. I Can't Give You Anything But Love (2:33)
  8. I'll String Along with You (4:45)
  9. East of the Sun (And West of the Moon) (4:57)
  10. Pick Yourself Up (3:02)
  11. The Best Thing for You (2:37)
  12. Do It Again (4:36)
  13. P.S. I Love You (5:04)
  14. Why Should I Care (3:46)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

With this CD, the young Canadian singer/pianist/arranger joins forces with producer Tommy LiPuma, who places his orchestral stamp on eight of the 13 tracks. It is the latest attempt to push Krall to an even wider pop/smooth jazz audience than she already enjoys. After all, Nat Cole, Wes Montgomery, and George Benson, among others, went this route. Wonder if she'd agree the cuts sans strings were more fun and challenging? Krall does get to it with central help from bassists John Clayton and Ben Wolfe, drummers Jeff Hamilton and Lewis Nash, and guitarist Russell Malone, all stellar players. Krall's voice is sweet and sexy. She's also flexible within her range and at times a bit kitschy, mostly the hopeless romantic. On this CD of love songs, it's clear she's cool but very much in love with this music. Bob Dorough's "Devil May Care" and the insistent "Best Thing for You" really click. Favorites are a decent Shearing-esque "Let's Fall in Love" with vibist Larry Bunker; a suave slow bossa on the opening number, "Let's Face the Music"; the lusher-than-lush title track; and especially an incredible horn-fired fanfare intro/outro on the hip "Pick Yourself Up." Some might call this fluff or mush, but it depends solely on your personal taste. This will certainly appeal to Krall's fans, lovers, and lovers at heart.
Review by Michael G. Nastos

Last bumped by Mike1985 on 29 Apr 2023, 20:34.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”