FileCat premium

The Charlie Mariano & Jerry Dodgion Sextet - Beauties Of 1918 (1957/2011) [Cool, West Coast Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

The Charlie Mariano & Jerry Dodgion Sextet - Beauties Of 1918 (1957/2011) [Cool, West Coast Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 23 Feb 2018, 12:21

Artist: The Charlie Mariano & Jerry Dodgion Sextet
Album: Beauties Of 1918
Genre: Cool, West Coast Jazz
Label: EMI Music Japan
Released: 1957/2011
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. After You've Gone (4:53)
  2. When Johnny Comes Marching Home (5:16)
  3. Deep River (5:43)
  4. Till We Meet Again (4:19)
  5. K-K-K-Katy (5:30)
  6. 'Til The Clouds Roll By (2:43)
  7. Over There (4:26)
  8. Ja Da (4:20)
  9. Hello, Central, Give Me No Man's Land (4:00)
  10. Vamp's Blues (7:06)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Charlie Mariano - as
  • Jerry Dodgion - as, fl
  • Victor Feldman - vib
  • Jimmy Rowles - p
  • Monty Budwig - b
  • Shelly Manne - d

Pianist Russ Freeman, who produced this record, related it this way : “The last time we were (with Shelly Manne’s quintet) in San Francisco, we went to blow at some motel on the outskirts of town one afternoon. There were some other musicians there; we took turns playing. Jerry (Dodgion) was there. The afternoon wound up with Charlie and Jerry playing the blues with a rhythm section for about twenty minutes. It was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had, and I wasn’t even playing!

The co-leaders, both “hard” saxists in style, reflect their capable mastery of the work of those they admire. Dodgion likes Phil Woods, and Mariano is more closely Parkerish. “I hear Charlie every night on my band,” said Shelly Manne, “and his melodic sense never ceases to amaze me. His lines are beautiful and he solos with great continuity.”

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”