FileCat premium

Frank Minion - The Forward Sound (1958/2013) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Frank Minion - The Forward Sound (1958/2013) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Mar 2018, 16:52

Artist: Frank Minion
Album: The Forward Sound
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Solid Records Japan/Bethlehem Records
Released: 1958/2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Take The “A” Train (3:08)
  2. But Not For Me (3:17)
  3. I've Done My Share (3:58)
  4. Watermelon (3:03)
  5. Night In Tunisia (3:17)
  6. Night And Day (3:04)
  7. Doodlin' (3:31)
  8. Who Stole The Mambo (2:38)
  9. Lady Bird (2:48)
  10. Holy Mackerel (1:44)
  11. You I Love (3:35)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Features the latest remastering. Includes a Japanese description and lyrics. One of the few albums ever issued by vocalist Frank Minion – an ultra-hip singer that we'd rank right up there as one of our favorites ever! Although the cover bears a 1970 date, the album was recorded in the late 50s – and date reference is a great indication of the forward-thinking approach that Frank brings to his vocals! Minion works with echoes of some of his hippest contemporaries – particularly Oscar Brown and Eddie Jefferson – but he's also got a voice that's really individual, too – a lighter and fluid, especially when he hits some horn-like inflections – spurred on by the hip small combo of the backings. There appears to be a bit of crossover with Frank's other Bethlehem record, but we're not sure.

Bethlehem Records roster of artists in the 1950s was truly impressive: Nina Simone, Carmen McRae, Dexter Gordon, Charles Mingus, Art Blakey and Duke Ellington. The labels legacy is a lengthy discography that freshly and ambitiously captured and preserved an era of truly amazing music, including West Coast Cool Jazz and East Coast Bop. Despite the 1970 date and semi-psychedlic cover, this forward-looking album by jazz crooner Frank Minion was actually recorded in 1958. Each track has been restored from the original analog sound recording & digitally re-mastered.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”