FileCat premium

Ohio Players - Contradiction (1976/2014) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Ohio Players - Contradiction (1976/2014) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 08 Mar 2016, 13:57

Artist: Ohio Players
Album: Contradiction
Genre: Funk, Soul, R&B
Label: Universal Japan
Released: 1976/2014
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Contradiction (4:39)
  2. Precious Love (4:58)
  3. Little Lady Maria (4:19)
  4. Far East Mississippi (4:57)
  5. Who'd She Coo? (4:34)
  6. My Life (4:00)
  7. Tell The Truth (3:43)
  8. My Ladies Run Me Crazy (3:58)
  9. Bi-Centennial (3:46)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Upon the release of this album, the Ohio Players were at the pinnacle of their long music careers, which date back to the late '50s. This album produced the number one Billboard R&B single "Who'd She Coo." The rhythm arrangement and jazzy horn arrangement are complemented by a titillating guitar, colorful vocals, and a suggestive lyric. While the title is "Who'd She Coo," the chant is actually "oochie coo", but was modified due to its racy content. The ballad "My Life," with its rolling rhythm and frigid background vocals, shines with Leroy Bonner's agile baritone. Still on a somber note, "Bi-Centennial" sends a social message to the masses, and the title track is a direct reflection of life. Some of these compositions stray from the course with instrumental interludes, but that can be understood considering that the group was initially assembled as an instrumental band. "Who'd She Coo" was the funk ensemble's last number one hit, but they would return to the Top Ten on their album, Angel, with "O-H-I-O." Though there were competitive groups emerging, internal strife facilitated the demise of this pioneering funk band.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”