FileCat premium

The John L. Nelson Project - Don't Play With Love (2018) [Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

The John L. Nelson Project - Don't Play With Love (2018) [Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 02 May 2018, 14:19

Artist: The John L. Nelson Project
Album: Don't Play With Love
Genre: Post-Bop
Label: Maken It Music
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Lucky Am I
  2. Don't Play With Love
  3. Runnin' Through My Mind
  4. Darkness
  5. Lonely
  6. Heart of Mine
  7. Step Back

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Jeremy Pelt - trumpet
  • Vincent Herring - saxophone
  • Richard Germanson - piano
  • Dezron Douglas - bass
  • Louis Hayes - drums

Don't Play With Love - The John L. Nelson Project is the highly anticipated recording of John L. Nelson's compositions. The album features jazz legends Louis Hayes, Vincent Herring, Jeremy Pelt, Dezron Douglas, and Richard Germanson, and was recorded at Paisley Park with Sharon L. Nelson as producer. John L. Nelson is perhaps best known as Prince's father, yet he was a jazz performer and most importantly, a prolific composer in his own right. For many years he intended to collaborate on this release with his eldest daughter, Sharon L. Nelson. After the passing of her father, and then the untimely passing of her brother, Sharon decided to complete the recording in honor of her father's 100th birthday. Calling on John's nephew - the legendary Louis Hayes - Sharon assembled the band at Paisley Park and they went straight to it. The tracks were recorded live - one take with little editing - and capture not only the feel of a golden era in jazz, but also the subtle melodies that characterize John L Nelson's style. 'Our dad was a loving, caring, hardworking father and a prolific jazz musician most notably known as the father of the musical genius, our brother Prince. Our dad wrote and composed many songs, but they were never recorded until now. He was Prince's musical inspiration, and this project is very special because it was recorded in Paisley Park and guided by the spirits of my father and brother Prince.'

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”