FileCat premium

Nick Curran - Fixin' Your Head (2000) [Modern Electric Blues, Rockabilly]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Nick Curran - Fixin' Your Head (2000) [Modern Electric Blues, Rockabilly]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Jun 2018, 14:56

Artist: Nick Curran
Album: Fixin' Your Head
Genre: Modern Electric Blues, Rockabilly
Label: Texas Jamboree Records
Released: 2000
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Women And Cadillacs (2:58)
  2. Boogie With My Baby (3:11)
  3. Just Love Me Baby (3:40)
  4. I Want To Love You (3:07)
  5. Good Rockin' Man (4:02)
  6. Lonely Nights (3:56)
  7. Loose Lip Mama (2:57)
  8. It's My Life, Baby (2:37)
  9. She's Mine (2:40)
  10. Straighten Up (3:28)
  11. Do You Wanna Be My Baby? (2:57)
  12. I'm Waiting For Your Call (3:01)
  13. Get Rich Quick (2:14)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Acoustic Bass – Eric Matthew Przygocki
  • Drums – Lisa Pankratz
  • Guitar, Lead Vocals – Nick Curran
  • Piano – Matt Farrell
  • Producer, Engineer – Billy Horton
  • Saxophone – Jim Trimmier, Murph Motycka

Recorded on vintage equipment in single takes, Nick Curran keeps things simple and swinging on his solo debut. Having played rockabilly with Kim Lenz set Curran's retro-twang cred in stone and the long-time blues aficionado strikes out on his own with the revelatory Fixin' Your Head. With a deep, ringing voice not unlike Amos Milburn or Lloyd Price, and a wide-open T-Bone Walker guitar style, Curran utterly embodies that period of time during the late '40s and early '50s just before the blues became rock & roll. Curran's impressive mix of lesser known cover tunes and originals -- the up-tempo "She's Mine" especially -- oozes with a genuine pomade and chicken wings mentality. More studied than punk, yet grittier than most contemporary blues releases, Curran has achieved an almost unimaginable "take no prisoners" aesthetic of retro-style absoluteness and modern blues urgency.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”