FileCat premium

Therese Ulvan - Love True (2014) [Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Therese Ulvan - Love True (2014) [Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 13 Jul 2018, 17:36

Artist: Therese Ulvan
Album: Love True
Genre: Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz
Released: 2014
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. 100 Yard Dash
  2. Everything Happens for a Reason
  3. Love True
  4. Monkey See Monkey Do
  5. Best Kept Secret
  6. Ideal World
  7. I'm Just A Man
  8. Life Of A Broken Heart
  9. Soap
  10. Mother Earth

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Therese Ulvan - vocals
  • Jimmy Haslip - bass
  • Jeff Lorber - keyboards & guitar
  • Michael Landau - guitar
  • Michael Thompson - guitar
  • Paul Jackson Jr. - guitar
  • Sten Frode Solvang - acoustic guitar
  • Vinnie Colaiuta - drums
  • Gary Novak - drums
  • Oscar Seaton - drums
  • Little John - drums
  • Dave Mann - sax, horn arrangement
  • Trevor Neumann - trumpet
  • Jeff Pescetto - backing vocals
  • Brenda Russell - backing vocals
  • Sharon Perry - backing vocals

After intense studio work in LA with Jimmy Haslip and Jeff Lorber as producers, Therese is now ready with her third solo album ”Lovetrue”. Other famed musicians contributing to this project is the legendary drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and the famed guitarist Michael Thompson.

Thereses style can be compared as a soulful jazz singer. In addition to her own compositions and songs co-written with Haslip and Lorber, Therese is including a few unique cover songs in the mix: Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks little heard “Life of the Broken heart” and Michael Franks irrepressible mid-80s chestnut “Monkey See, Monkey Do”.

Her first and second albums received great reviews across Norway. She has been several weeks on the A-list on radio P1, and was picked out as “Best Female Singer Songwriter” by Los Angeles Women in Music in 2009.

Therese likes to use the gypsy expression “Flies in your Blood” (which they say when it’s time to move on to the next place) to explain the intense wanderlust that has driven her multiple passions over the years. The last few years she has toured Russia, USA, Mexico, England and Norway.

She discovered her true calling while attending a singing course known as LIPA at Paul McCartney’s music school in Liverpool. After attending the Nordic Institute for Scene and Studio for a time, she enrolled at the University of Leeds in England, where she received a Bachelor of Jazz. She formed Røyst there in 2002 with three other Norwegian natives. In addition to a busy schedule of touring and hosting seminars, the group released its debut album Nordic Initiative consisting of an array of contemporary sounds that draws from jazz, Norwegian folk and world music, in 2004.

“Music is my life, my mission, passion and love,” Therese says. “It keeps me going day in and day out. Through music I’ve had magical moments both onstage and in studios and I’ve been able to tour many countries. I’ve been very blessed with meeting fantastic people who later became co-workers and friends. My world is filled with creativity, inspiration and miracles. Life is amazing and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will bring. I am very committed to taking this great risk because I know it’s what I am here to do. There’s so much for me to explore, and I’m enjoying the process of making my dreams come true.”

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”