FileCat premium

Ayo - Gravity at Last (2008) [Soul]; APE (image+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Ayo - Gravity at Last (2008) [Soul]; APE (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 12 Mar 2016, 16:10

Artist: Ayo
Album: Gravity at Last
Genre: Soul
Released: 2008
Quality: APE (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. I Am Not Afraid
  2. Maybe (Ayo Blues)
  3. Slow Slow (Run Run)
  4. Love And Hate
  5. Get Out Of My Way
  6. Better Days
  7. Change
  8. Piece Of Joy
  9. Lonely
  10. Sometimes
  11. What's This All About?
  12. Mother
  13. Thank You
  14. Sometimes (Home Acoustic)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Though she comes from Nigerian and German roots, songbird Ayo records her albums in English. On her second album, she continues something of an eclectic approach to songwriting, layering vulnerability and strength upon one another in her vocals and following a relatively bare compositional structure. Combined with a short, almost-live recording process, the sound is at least somewhat spontaneous, seeming to have moments of improvisation mixed into the finished result. When she's on, as in the exquisite "Maybe (Ayo Blues)," she has a Tracy Chapman quality to her sound, carrying an excellent blues feel and a bare voice that runs over with emotion, and that trademark mix of vulnerability and strength. When she's less on point, as in the reggae-infused "Get Out of My Way," or the pitchy "Better Days," the show is a little less enticing. It's a little hit and miss, but Ayo's got a lot of spunk in her sound and a lot of embers burning quietly away. As a sophomore effort, Gravity at Last puts on a good show and points to even better things as she develops further.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”