FileCat premium

Stan Getz, Kenny Barron - People Time: The Complete Recordings (2009) [Post-Bop / Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Stan Getz, Kenny Barron - People Time: The Complete Recordings (2009) [Post-Bop / Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Aug 2018, 14:04

Artist: Stan Getz, Kenny Barron
Album: People Time: The Complete Recordings
Genre: Post-Bop / Mainstream Jazz
Label: Universal Music France
Released: 2009
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Stan Getz Announcement
  2. I'm Okay
  3. Gone with the Wind
  4. First Song
  5. Allison's Waltz
  6. Stablemates

CD 2:
  1. Autumn Leaves
  2. Yours and Mine
  3. (There Is No) Greater Love
  4. People Time
  5. The Surrey with a Fringe on Top
  6. Soul Eyes

CD 3:
  1. Tuning
  2. You Don't Know What Love Is
  3. You Stepped Out of a Dream
  4. Soul Eyes
  5. I Wish You Love [Que Reste-t-Il de Nos Amours]
  6. I'm Okay
  7. Night and Day

CD 4:
  1. East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)
  2. Con Alma
  3. People Time
  4. Stablemates
  5. I Remember Clifford
  6. Like Someone in Love
  7. First Song
  8. The Surrey with a Fringe on Top
  9. Yours and Mine

CD 5:
  1. The End of a Love Affair
  2. Whisper Not
  3. You Stepped Out of a Dream
  4. I Remember Clifford
  5. I Wish You Love [Que Reste-t-Il de Nos Amours]
  6. Bouncing with Bud
  7. Soul Eyes 2009: Stan Getz & Kenny Barron - People Time: The Complete Recordings (7 CD)

CD 6:
  1. East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)
  2. Night and Day
  3. First Song
  4. Like Someone in Love
  5. Stablemates
  6. People Time

CD 7:
  1. Stan Getz Announcement
  2. Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
  3. I Wish You Love [Que Reste-t-Il de Nos Amours]
  4. Hush-a-Bye
  5. I'm Okay
  6. Con Alma
  7. Gone with the Wind
  9. Night and Day [Engineer Soundcheck] - (take)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

When the Stan Getz/Kenny Barron duo album People Time was first released in 1992, the year following the tenor saxophonist's death, critics and fans were astounded at Getz's powerful playing (even though he was weak from the cancer that would take his life within a few months), buoyed by the brilliant piano playing of Barron. Finally, the decision was made to release all seven sets by the duo recorded during their four-night gig at Cafe Montmartre in Copenhagen in this seven-CD box set, with the addition of new, detailed liner notes by Gary Giddins, while Kenny Barron's notes from the original release are present as well. Aside from one splice to replace a passage where Getz dropped out for a measure and a few moments when the physical strain on the leader is showing, the performances are among the best of the saxophonist's career. This expanded release is clearly not a vault-opening stunt to sell previously unissued music, but an opportunity to hear the high level at which Getz and Barron played throughout their duo engagement. The 48 tracks include two dozen different songs (some played multiple times), but each version of the repeated songs stands on its own. While the selections chosen by Getz for the original two-disc edition of People Time are among the best performances, the new material is hardly second-rate. Among the highlights of the previously unissued songs are two stunning versions of Thad Jones' "Yours and Mine" and a haunting shorter take of Benny Golson's "I Remember Clifford," along with a playful "I Wish You Love." As an added bonus, the first set's evening opener, "Night and Day," is included at the end of disc seven, even though the microphone setup was still being adjusted during the opening minutes. Fans of Stan Getz should consider this box set an essential purchase.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”