FileCat premium

Jessica Molaskey - Sitting in Limbo (2007) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Jessica Molaskey - Sitting in Limbo (2007) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Sep 2018, 14:12

Artist: Jessica Molaskey
Album: Sitting in Limbo
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: PS Classics
Released: 2007
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Sitting in Limbo (3:59)
  2. Heavy Cloud, No Rain (3:10)
  3. Summer, Highland Falls (4:17)
  4. Ooh Child (3:00)
  5. I Want to Be Happy/Sometimes I'm Happy (2:13)
  6. There Will Never Be Another You (3:13)
  7. Knowing You (4:31)
  8. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (3:31)
  9. The Circle Game/Waters of March (4:48)
  10. Walkin' After Midnight (3:35)
  11. Hearts and Bones (4:11)
  12. Morning Has Broken/I Woke Up One Early Morning (4:27)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Jessica Molaskey came up with a list of "limbo songs" for her fourth CD, describing them as pieces where someone is trying to figure out the difference between what seems to be taking place vs. what is actually going on. With a fine band that includes her husband, John Pizzarelli, on guitar, bassist Martin Pizzarelli, and drummer Tony Tedesco, with either Larry Goldings or Larry Fuller on piano, plus several appearances by saxophonist Harry Allen, she offers thoughtful interpretations of material drawn from the pop and rock of several decades, a few standards, and a pair of originals. She works magic with the unpromising soul hit "O-o-h Child" -- a simplistic ballad with a trite two-line lyric -- by slowing its tempo, accompanied solely by Goldings' thoughtful arrangement. Her humorous side comes out as she and her spouse interpolate "I Want to Be Happy" and "Sometimes I'm Happy" in a playful, sometimes conversational setting. They also jointly wrote the subtle but amusing ballad "Knowing You." This veteran Broadway singer/actress continues to shine in the spotlight, whether in the studio for a recording date or on-stage.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”