FileCat premium

Megan and Her Goody Goodies - Come & Get It Honey (Live at The Studio) (2018) [Vocal Jazz, Vintage Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Megan and Her Goody Goodies - Come & Get It Honey (Live at The Studio) (2018) [Vocal Jazz, Vintage Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Sep 2018, 14:18

Artist: Megan and Her Goody Goodies
Album: Come & Get It Honey (Live at The Studio)
Genre: Vocal Jazz, Vintage Swing
Label: M. Lange Productions
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Too Much Mustard
  2. Somebody Loves Me
  3. Do Your Duty
  4. Goody Goody
  5. (Won't You Come Home) Bill Bailey
  6. Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me
  7. Comes Love
  8. Moonglow
  9. Buddy Bolden's Blues (Funky Butt)
  10. It Had to Be You
  11. I Wanna Be Loved by You
  12. I'll Be Seeing You
  13. Tuxedo Junction
  14. Come and Get It Honey
  15. Georgia on My Mind
  16. Nick's Tune

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Megan Lange - vocals
  • Elizabeth Pascoe - piano
  • Danielle Knight - clarinet
  • Jason Knight - trombone
  • Charles Kay - saxophone
  • Annie Gaye Erbsen - rhythm guitar
  • Gideon John Klein - bass
  • Stacey Ann Glasgow - drums

Live at The Studio was recorded at a popular venue for Swing events in Nashville called, you guessed it, The Studio. Lots of planning went into the recording process. Megan Lange wanted “to record an album like Artie Shaw Live at Cafe Rouge or Sinatra at the Sands.” Local studio veterans were tapped to guide the process and correctly position ribbon microphones. The tone of those early live albums is the first thing you notice.

Based in Nashville and playing Lindy and Blues exchanges throughout the Southeast, Megan and her Goody Goodies have a sound built for dancing but just as invigorating for seat dwellers. With a bluesy, edgy vibe there is something tangible to listen to as well as keep you in time.

The ensemble playing provides a smooth and melodious supplement to her vocal line, the jams are captivating and the solos meaningful, particularly the sax and occasional piano. Megan’s own vocalese contortions on “Somebody Loves Me” arrive with a splash early in the album, commanding your attention. She returns to them in a track near the end, catching your ear again. For me, they were the highlight.

A lot of attention seems to have gone into balancing the long 16 track set list. “Too Much Mustard” is the perfect launching pad. Subtle tempo changes flow naturally thereafter keeping the listener involved from start to finish. Going from “Moonglow” to “Buddy Bolden’s Blues” to “It Had To Be You” doesn’t seem like the most natural transition, but it works here. They slow it down to close with a rich “Georgia on my Mind” before encoring out with a simple bright jam on “Nick’s Tune.” Grab your jackets: it’s been a heck of a show.
by Joe Bebco

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”