FileCat premium

Stacey Kent - The Boy Next Door (2003) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Stacey Kent - The Boy Next Door (2003) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 22 Sep 2018, 13:26

Artist: Stacey Kent
Album: The Boy Next Door
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Candid
Released: 2003
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Best Is Yet To Come
  2. The Boy Next Door
  3. The Trolley Song
  4. Say It Isn't So
  5. Too Darn Hot
  6. Makin' Whoopee
  7. What The World Needs Now Is Love
  8. You've Got A Friend
  9. I Got It Bad
  10. Ooh-Shoo-Be-Doo-Bee
  11. People Will Say We're In Love
  12. 'Tis Autumn
  13. All I Do Is Dream Of You
  14. I Get Along Without You Very Well
  15. You're The Top
  16. Bookends

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Wrapping her sweet voice around songs by male singers she admires, Stacey Kent delivers another pleasant and low-key album with The Boy Next Door. Kent's tribute choices range from traditional pop (Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett) to mainstream jazz instrumentalists (Dave Brubeck, Dizzy Gillespie) to the softer side of rock (James Taylor, Simon and -- unmentioned in the liner notes -- Garfunkel). With a gentle conviction akin to early Blossom Dearie without the cheeky flair, the album makes for breezy listening. The 16 tracks don't differ enough in tone, making the album a bit too long, but individual moments of warm openhearted excellence make it worthwhile. The sentimentality of "Bookends" or "'Tis Autumn" suit her precious delivery well, while the sly moments of "Makin' Whoopee" feel out of the singer's reach. The bandmembers stay out of the way for the most part, waiting for their solos rather than interacting much with Kent. Drummer Matt Home's light but lively style is especially accommodating and guitarist Colin Oxley's percussive take on "Too Darn Hot" ends up being the album's greatest moment.
Review by David Jeffries

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”