FileCat premium

Maggie Herron - A Ton of Trouble (2018) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Maggie Herron - A Ton of Trouble (2018) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 26 Sep 2018, 13:59

Artist: Maggie Herron
Album: A Ton of Trouble
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. A Ton of Trouble
  2. Perfect Specimen
  3. Scheherazade
  4. Salty Wine
  5. Dance Me to the End of Love
  6. Red Hot Jazz
  7. Small Stuff
  8. There Is Love
  9. Changing Winds
  10. Monkishness
  11. The Dove & the Bourbon
  12. In My Life

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Maggie Herron - vocals, piano
  • Dean Taba - bass
  • Jake Reed - drums
  • Bill Cunliffe - piano
  • Geoffrey Keezer - piano
  • Grant Geissman - guitar
  • Larry Koonse - guitar
  • Bob Sheppard - flute

Nominated for the 2018 Na Hoku Hanohano Award for Single of the Year, Maggie Herron's rendition of “In My Life” (Lennon/McCartney) features Larry Koonse-Guitar and Dean Taba-Bass with Maggie On vocals.

Maggie Herron’s CD, ‘Between the Music and the Moon’ is the winner of the 2017 Na Hoku Hanohano Award for Jazz Album of the Year. Nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year, the CD features 12 original songs with engineering and mastering by Paul Tavenner.

'A Ton Of Trouble', release date, August 23, 2018, is coproduced by Bill Cunliffe and Maggie Herron. The title track features guitarist, Grant Geissman. With 10 original and 2 cover songs, Maggie delivers her rich,contralto vocals over horn driven, guitar laden original bluesy and New Orleans style songs. Contemplative and storytelling songs feature Maggie at piano along with 2 guest jazz piano greats on several tracks: Bill Cunliffe and Geoffrey Keezer.

The making of A Ton Of Trouble “was born during a year of flu, a broken arm and the natural lowering of my vocal range,” Herron explains. However, Herron has successfully managed to turn her troubles into lyrical creative fodder, including elements of humor, fun, contemplation and storytelling.

Herron relied on some longtime collaborators to help with the album’s eleven other jazz pieces. Bill Cunliffe arranged six of the albums songs as well as accompanies Herron on piano for those tracks. Bassist,Dean Taba, who also regularly performs live with Herron at Lewer’s Lounge in Waikiki, plays on all but one of the album’s tracks. Her daughter, Dawn Herron, co-wrote lyrics for five of the albums original songs. The album was engineered by Paul Tavenner at Big City Recording Studios.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”