FileCat premium

Peggy Lee And Ella Fitzgerald - Songs From Pete Kelly's Blues (1955/1999) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Peggy Lee And Ella Fitzgerald - Songs From Pete Kelly's Blues (1955/1999) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Oct 2018, 15:32

Artist: Peggy Lee And Ella Fitzgerald
Album: Songs From Pete Kelly's Blues
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Universal Victor Japan
Released: 1955/1999
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Oh Didn't He Ramble (Peggy Lee) (2:18)
  2. Sugar (That Sugar Baby Of Mine) (Peggy Lee) (2:38)
  3. Somebody Loves Me (Peggy Lee) (3:29)
  4. I'm Gonna Meet My Sweetie Now (Peggy Lee) (2:18)
  5. I Never Knew (Peggy Lee) (3:02)
  6. Bye Bye Blackbird (Peggy Lee) (3:42)
  7. What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry (Peggy Lee) (2:12)
  8. Hard Hearted Hannah (The Vamp Of Savannah) (Ella Fitzgerald) (3:01)
  9. Ella Hums The Blues (Ella Fitzgerald) (5:13)
  10. He Needs Me (Peggy Lee) (2:36)
  11. Sing A Rainbow (Peggy Lee) (2:47)
  12. Pete Kelly's Blues (Ella Fitzgerald) (2:26)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Peggy Lee received strong reviews for her portrayal of a troubled singer in Jack Webb's Jazz Age crime drama Pete Kelly's Blues. This isn't the movie's official soundtrack (which comes with musical contributions from Ella Fitzgerald and a crack jazz ensemble, as well as many of the songs found here), but re-recordings of tunes that Lee performed in the movie. Since Pete Kelly's Blues takes place during the 1920s, Harold Mooney's orchestrations combine elements of old-style Dixieland with a 1950s swing style. Lee is perfectly in sync with this approach, and sounds strong throughout, even on her appropriately freaky interpretation of "Sing a Rainbow," which her character performs from the confines of a mental institution after suffering a complete breakdown. Lee was rewarded for her performance with a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award nomination but surprisingly, this didn't result in the movie career that she'd always wanted. It is widely believed that this was due to Hollywood considering Peggy Lee's portrayal of a singer plagued by alcohol and mental health problems as (rightly or wrongly) too close to the vocalist's own life.
Review by Nick Dedina

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”