FileCat premium

The Meters - Good Old Funky Music (1990) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Meters - Good Old Funky Music (1990) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Oct 2018, 15:36

Artist: The Meters
Album: Good Old Funky Music
Genre: Soul, Funk
Label: Rounder Records
Released: 1990
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Good Old Funky Music [Modeliste, Neville, Nocentelli, Porter] (4:46)
  2. Rock & Roll Medley: Rockin'Pneumonia/Something You Got/I Know/Personality [Domino, George, Kenner, Mellin, Price, Smith] (5:05)
  3. Riddle Song [Neville] (4:12)
  4. He Bite Me [Modeliste] (2:25)
  5. Pickin' and a Grinnin' [Nocentelli] (3:16)
  6. Jambalaya (On the Bayou) [Williams] (2:44)
  7. What More Can I Do [Neville] (2:49)
  8. I'm Gonna Put Some Hurt on You [Lewis] (3:21)
  9. Heartache [Neville] (3:38)
  10. Keep on Marching [Modeliste, Neville, Nocentelli, Porter] (3:32)
  11. Voodoo [Modeliste, Neville, Nocentelli, Porter] (3:02)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

After a phenomenal outpouring of hits from New Orleans in the early `60s, the pop music scene in the Crescent City dried up. One of the few bands to keep the flame going was the Meters, with Leo Nocentelli, George Porter Jr., Joseph ``Zig`` Modeliste and, now in the Neville Brothers, Art and Cyrille Neville. Meters` music was the bridge between that classic era and today`s rejuvenated scene and added funk and psychedelic rock to the Crescent City R & B base. The Meters had a few modest hits (``Sophisticated Sissy,`` ``Cissy Strut,`` ``People Say``), toured with the Rolling Stones and backed Robert Palmer and Paul McCartney before disbanding in 1977. With the recent success of the Neville Brothers in particular and New Orleans music in general, this is a perfect time to rediscover the Meters. ``Good Old Funky Music`` lives up to its title. The tracks, arranged and produced by another New Orleans legend, Allen Toussaint, were recorded throughout the band`s career and have never been previously released. Although none of the Meters` best work is here. - Chris Helm, Chicago Tribune

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”