FileCat premium

Richard Evans - Dealing with Hard Times (1972/2008) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Richard Evans - Dealing with Hard Times (1972/2008) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 04 Nov 2018, 15:23

Artist: Richard Evans
Album: Dealing with Hard Times
Genre: R&B, Soul
Label: Atlantic/Rhino/Collectables
Released: 1972/2008
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Patutu (Evans) - 4:57
  2. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) (Gaye) - 3:31
  3. The Wedding Song (Jones) - 5:17
  4. Angela, My Sister (Evans) - 4:19
  5. Dealing with Hard Times (Crowder) - 3:14
  6. Ellie's Love Theme (Hayes) - 3:42
  7. Wado City (Evans) - 3:42
  8. Close to You (Bacharach-David) - 3:58
  9. Pie Daddy's Dream (Evans) - 4:49

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Richard Evans - bass, arranger, conductor
  • Paul Serrano - trumpet
  • Leonard Druss - flute
  • Phil Upchurch - guitar
  • Sol Bobrov, E. Zlatoff-Mirsky - violins
  • Bruce Hayden, Arthur Ahlman - violas
  • Theodore Ratzer, Roger Malitz - cellos
  • Odell Brown - organ
  • Billy Wooten - vibes
  • Bob Crowder - drums
  • Marshall Thompson, Fred "Durf" Walker - percussion

A sublime set of soul instrumentals – very funky work, and sort of a 70s follow-up to the Soulful Strings albums on Cadet Records from the 60s! Maestro Richard Evans is at the top of his game here – stepping out with that hip Chisoul mode he first forged at Chess, tuned here towards some even more sophisticated modes for Atlantic Records! Many of Evan's previous players are on board to make the record great – including Lennie Druss on flute, Paul Serrano on trumpet, Odell Brown on organ, and Phil Upchurch on guitar. Evans himself plays bass for the record – using a very funky bottom sound – and the set also features some wicked vibes from the legendary Billy Wooten, working away from his Nineteenth Hole group on a rare major label date! The sound is blacksploitation soundtrack, part Curtom funk – and titles include the great originals "Pie Daddy's Dream", "Wado City", "Angela My Sister", and the great "Patutu" – which was done by the Soulful Strings – plus a few nice covers like "Mercy Mercy Me" and "Ellie's Love Theme", by Isaac Hayes.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”