FileCat premium

John Zorn & The Dreamers - Pellucidar: A Dreamers Fantabula (2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Jazz-Rock, Jazz-Funk, Jazzy Blues
Mike1985
Uploader

John Zorn & The Dreamers - Pellucidar: A Dreamers Fantabula (2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Nov 2018, 15:45

Artist: John Zorn & The Dreamers
Album: Pellucidar: A Dreamers Fantabula
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Rock
Label: Tzadik
Released: 2015
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Magic Carpet Ride
  2. Gormenghast
  3. Queen of Ilium
  4. Once Upon a Time
  5. Flight from Salem
  6. Pellucidar
  7. Atlantis
  8. A Perfume from Cleopolis
  9. Jewels of Opar

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • John Zorn - composer, conductor
  • Marc Ribot - guitar
  • Jamie Saft - keyboards
  • Kenny Wollesen - vibraphone
  • Trevor Dunn - bass
  • Joey Baron - drums
  • Cyro Baptista - percussion

Pellucidar is billed as the first new Dreamers album in four years, but given that the last album was tunes from Book Two of Masada and the one before that consisted of Christmas tunes, this is actually the first new material written specifically for this ensemble since 2009. It's similar to both The Dreamers and O'o, but the playing of this group never gets old. Jamie Saft skips the piano this time out, sticking with Fender Rhodes, and the interplay with Kenny Wollesen's vibes is magical. Marc Ribot has a few great solos, of course, but also contributes some interesting not-very-guitary comping. The rhythm section is equally amazing, with Trevor Dunn's supple basslines and Ben Perowsky's light touch on drums and excellent cymbal work. Cyro Baptista can always be counted on for perfect percussive accents. The tunes are mostly delightfully upbeat jazz-surf-exotica, with "Gormenghast" taking a slightly darker, Morricone-esque turn and "Jewels of Opar" a bit more insistent, with harder drumming from Perowsky and a ripping solo from Ribot. Pellucidar is another great offering from Zorn's most accessible project.
Review by Sean Westergaard
defenestrator

Re: John Zorn & The Dreamers - Pellucidar: A Dreamers Fantabula (2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby defenestrator » 24 Feb 2023, 10:34

Hi! What an amazing John Zorn lossless collection you have :o ! I'm trying to build a collection of my own and it's quite a task!
I Love The dreamers, probably one of my favorite of zorn's body of work! Would you by any chance have their first three albums?
I'm also desperately looking for quite a few zorn albums from the 90's to the 00's in lossless quality,like the romance series (The Gift is a personnal favorite!) If you have any, it would be much much appreciated! Have a grerat day! Cheers
gerooo909

Re: John Zorn & The Dreamers - Pellucidar: A Dreamers Fantabula (2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby gerooo909 » 28 Feb 2023, 16:15

defenestrator wrote:Hi! What an amazing John Zorn lossless collection you have :o ! I'm trying to build a collection of my own and it's quite a task!
I Love The dreamers, probably one of my favorite of zorn's body of work! Would you by any chance have their first three albums?
I'm also desperately looking for quite a few zorn albums from the 90's to the 00's in lossless quality,like the romance series (The Gift is a personnal favorite!) If you have any, it would be much much appreciated! Have a grerat day! Cheers

I have music romance, the gift and the first dreamers lossless +59891657472 text me whatsapp i can upload to google drive
defenestrator

Unread postby defenestrator » 28 Feb 2023, 22:22

Woah! That's actually very nice of you!!! I'll be away from my computer a few days but I'll whattsapp you as soon as I can. And who knows, I might have stuff you might be interested in in exchange ;) , fans of Zorn's music are bound to have good taste ;)

Return to “Jazz Fusion (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”