FileCat premium

Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra - Satin Doll (1972/2007) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra - Satin Doll (1972/2007) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 07 Dec 2018, 16:33

Artist: Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra
Album: Satin Doll
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Sony Music Japan
Released: 1972/2007
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Day by Day (5:14)
  2. Poor Butterfly (3:36)
  3. Bye Bye Blackbird (2:54)
  4. I Fall in Love Too Easily (3:06)
  5. Satin Doll (3:52)
  6. I'm Walkin' (5:47)
  7. When Sunny Gets Blue (3:25)
  8. There'll Never Be Another You (3:40)
  9. Good-bye (3:52)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Kimiko Kasai - vocals
  • Gil Evans - arranger, conductor, piano, electric piano
  • Marvin Peterson - trumpet
  • Hiroshi Fukumura, Hiroshi Munekiyo - trombone
  • Kosuke Mine - soprano saxophone, alto saxophone
  • Billy Harper - tenor saxophone, flute
  • Masayuki Takayanagi - guitar
  • Yoshio Suzuki - bass, electric bass
  • Yoshiyuki Nakamura - drums

When Gil Evans came to Japan in 1972, he was revered as one of the best jazz arrangers in the world and often referred as the "magician of the sound." Many top Japanese jazz musicians wanted to collaborate with him, and talented singer Kimiko Kasai was no exception.

Kasai had visited Evans' home in New York earlier and agreed on most of the tunes and rough arrangements. When Evans came to Japan, he only had a few days to rehearse with eitht other musicians. Despite the short preparation time and the fact that he probably had not met the six Japanese musicians before, Evans produced a magical result.

It is astonishing to hear such dense and airy sound from only five horn players. The arrangements support Kasai beautifully: they are musical, unobtrusive, sympathetic and very effective. With such a wonderful backing, Kasai sounds relaxed and gives a swinging, soulful vocal performance.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”