FileCat premium

Rosemary Clooney & Duke Ellington - Blue Rose (1956/1991) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Rosemary Clooney & Duke Ellington - Blue Rose (1956/1991) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Dec 2018, 14:01

Artist: Rosemary Clooney & Duke Ellington
Album: Blue Rose
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
Released: 1956/1991
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Hey Baby (Ellington) - 3:53
  2. Sophisticated Lady (Mills-Parish-Ellington) - 3:02
  3. Me and You (Ellington) - 2:32
  4. Passion Flower (Strayhorn) - 4:36
  5. I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart (Mills-Nemo-Ellington-Redmond) - 2:41
  6. It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (Ellington-Mills) - 2:51
  7. Grievin' (Ellington-Strayhorn) - 4:14
  8. Blue Rose (Ellington) - 2:25
  9. I'm Checking Out - Goombye (Ellington-Strayhorn) - 3:14
  10. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) (Ellington-Webster) - 3:11
  11. Mood Indigo (Mills-Bigard-Ellington) - 6:28

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Rosemary Clooney - vocals
  • Duke Ellington - piano, leader
  • Willie Cook, Ray Nance, Clark Terry, "Cat" Anderson - trumpets
  • Gordon Jackson, Britt Woodman – trombones
  • John Sanders - valve trombone
  • Russell Procope - alto saxophone, clarinet
  • Johnny Hodges - alto saxophone
  • Jimmy Hamilton - tenor saxophone, clarinet
  • Paul Gonsalves - tenor saxophone
  • Harry Carney - baritone saxophone
  • Jimmy Woode - bass
  • Sam Woodyard - drums

Rosemary Clooney may have seemed to be a surprising choice to be featured with Duke Ellington & His Orchestra, but this collaboration is extremely successful in spite of the fact that Clooney was unable to join the band in the studio due to complications of a very difficult pregnancy. The solution was for the band to record the music (after Billy Strayhorn made the first of several trips to Los Angeles to consult with her). The results are stunning and not in the least bit canned, due to the professionalism of all parties involved and a stellar engineering of the separately recorded tracks. Clooney swings throughout "Me and You" and "It Don't Mean a Thing" without excess, her wordless vocal on "Blue Rose," and a captivating "Mood Indigo" are among the many highlights. The sound on this Legacy series reissue is greatly improved over the earlier Mobile Fidelity CD, plus there are two tracks added, the obscure but appealing "If You Were in My Place (What Would You Do?)" and "Just a-Sittin' and a-Rockin'," that were only issued as a single and omitted from the original release. It's a pity that the collaboration of Rosemary Clooney and Duke Ellington was only a one-shot deal, as she easily ranks as one of the greatest vocalists to appear on record with the maestro.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”