FileCat premium

Gamalon - High Contrast (1991) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Jazz-Rock, Jazz-Funk, Jazzy Blues
Mike1985
Uploader

Gamalon - High Contrast (1991) [Fusion, Jazz-Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 06 Mar 2019, 14:21

Artist: Gamalon
Album: High Contrast
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Rock
Label: Amherst Records
Released: 1991
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Golden Wheels (4:55)
  2. The War Within (4:07)
  3. Tecumseh (5:36)
  4. Starlite (4:18)
  5. High Contrast (5:43)
  6. The Lost Ghost Reprise (1:30)
  7. You Still Have Time (5:10)
  8. Flyby (5:13)
  9. Out Your Door (3:54)
  10. Common Ground (5:55)
  11. Helter Skelter (3:38)
  12. Tears of a Planet (3:54)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Bruce Brucato, George Puleo - guitar
  • Geoffrey Fitzhugh Perry - violin, fretless piccolo bass, guitar (#3)
  • Tom Reinhardt - bass, vocals
  • Ted Reinhardt - drums, percussion, chapman stick (#8)
  • Tom Schuman - keyboards

Third album of the band from 1991 named High contrast is at same level with previous one, but here we have some pieces with vocal arrangements, sung by Tom Reinhardt who handles aswell the bass. Again great album, same influences from Satriani and Dixie Dregs, but combined with unique and solid interpretation of the musicians, Gamalon manag to create another solid album in jazz rock field. From up beat moments with energic instrumental parts, to some more mellow ones, the band always shine in what they do. Some bluesy moments like on The War Within with vocals, show another side of the band, who succeded to show us that they are good not only in jazz rock realm but aswell in a more blues orientated jazz. As I said some pieces are with vocals, quite unusual for the band, almost 90% of their material is instrumental, are very good, pleasent and warm voice interluded great with the rest of the instruments. So, even both albums I reviewed are good, I can not say they are among my fav albums from this genre, are only pleasent and very enjoyble, I know albums more intristing and more brilliant, nevertheless a good band who is rather unnoticed here, no wonder because their albums are quite hard to find. 4 stars again. No really better then predecesors, but a solid album.
b_olariu

Return to “Jazz Fusion (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”