FileCat premium

Lars Jansson - What's New (2010) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Lars Jansson - What's New (2010) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Mar 2019, 17:17

Artist: Lars Jansson
Album: What's New
Genre: Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz
Label: Spice Of Life
Released: 2010
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Lover Man (Davis-Ramirez-Sherman) - 5:11
  2. The Masquerade Is Over (Wrubel-Magidson) - 6:42
  3. Hilda Smiles (Jansson) - 3:30
  4. What's New (Haggard-Burke) - 6:00
  5. Very Early (Evans) - 5:38
  6. Beginners Blues (Jansson) - 6:02
  7. Everything Happens to Me (Dennis-Adair) - 5:18
  8. Willow Weep for Me (Ronell) - 5:21
  9. Come Rain or Come Shine (Arlen-Mercer) - 6:27
  10. Latour (Jansson) - 6:51

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Lars Jansson - piano
  • Thomas Fonnesbaek - bass
  • Paul Svanberg - drums

What's new about playing old standards? Firstly, it is probably up to you the listener to judge. For me personally, I have reached a point in my career where it feels natural and challenging to play these great tunes that were played and recorded by some of the greatest jazz musicians of our time. Perhaps I have had too much respect for them throughout the years. Mostly, though, I have been focusing on playing and recording my own music until now. If I can express myself in the same way playing standards as I play my own music, then I am happy. I like to keep on learning from the great tradition and develop my own way of expression through that knowledge.

I have known Thomas Fonnesbaek since he was a student, but we only started playing together half a year ago. He is a warm, positive person, and a creative musician to work with. He really adds a great spirit in the studio and in our live performances.

I gave my son Paul Svanberg his first drum set when he was four years old. He plays some other instruments as well, but the drum has always been his instrument and his way of expression. This is the first recording we worked on together. It was great fun and very special for the both of us. I hope you enjoy the music as much as we had fun playing it in the studio.

Nilento is always a treat. Fantastic piano and a great sound… Lars Nilsson is a magician.
-- Lars Jansson

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”