FileCat premium

Joyce Cooling - Third Wish (2001) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Joyce Cooling - Third Wish (2001) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Mar 2019, 18:08

Artist: Joyce Cooling
Album: Third Wish
Genre: Smooth Jazz
Label: GRP
Released: 2001
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Third Wish (4:41)
  2. Tamba (5:19)
  3. Mm-Mm Good (5:08)
  4. Daddy-O (5:54)
  5. Don't Mind If I Do (4:07)
  6. Jelly On My Jacket (5:23)
  7. It'll Come Back To You (3:54)
  8. East Side (5:35)
  9. Whenever The Rain Falls (4:18)
  10. It's All Because Of Loving You (3:17)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Joyce Cooling raises the bar on her contemporary, smooth jazz statements to make a unique instrumental collection of ten original songs with Third Wish. Her individual artistry is highly melodic, more aggressive, powerfully rhythmic and possesses the confidence and poise that comes from years of study and playing with successful musicians. Artistically, the recording features more percussive talent than her previous efforts: Keeping Cool and Playing It Cool. Teaming with Joyce Cooling on Third Wish is her long-time collaborator and keyboard player Jay Wagner, Gary Calvin on bass, Billy Johnson on drums, Peter Michael Escovedo on percussion, among others. The songs are a delightful mix of upbeat musical tapestries that feature funk, smooth, cool jazz, and Brazilian rhythms. One great highlight on the CD is Al Jarreau's vocalese on a very funky version of "Mm-Mm Good." The guitar influences of Lee Ritenour seep through on "Daddy-O" and on the smooth bop-flavored "East Side." Michael Ortiz's cool, muted trumpet voice supplies some real nice comments to the musical conversation happening among Joyce Cooling, Jay Wagner, and Peter Michael Escovedo on "East Side." Listeners get an added treat: Cooling's smooth, folksy vocals on several tunes including the reflective "It'll Come Back to Me." With the release of Third Wish, Joyce Cooling has come full circle, and continues to exceed the expectations of her fans and musical peers.
Review by Paula Edelstein

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”