FileCat premium

June Christy - Something Cool [The Complete Mono & Stereo Versions] (2001) [Vocal Jazz, Swing]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

June Christy - Something Cool [The Complete Mono & Stereo Versions] (2001) [Vocal Jazz, Swing]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 01 May 2019, 16:11

Artist: June Christy
Album: Something Cool [The Complete Mono & Stereo Versions]
Genre: Vocal Jazz, Swing
Label: Capitol Jazz
Released: 2001
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
    Mono versions:
  1. Something Cool 4:17
  2. It Could Happen To You 1:55
  3. Lonely House 3:56
  4. This Time The Dream's On Me 1:29
  5. The Night We Called It A Day 4:48
  6. Midnight Sun 3:13
  7. I'll Take Romance 2:19
  8. A Stranger Called The Blues 3:56
  9. I Should Care 2:08
  10. Softly As In A Morning Sunrise 2:13
  11. I'm Thrilled 2:39

Stereo versions:
  12. Something Cool 4:57
  13. It Could Happen To You 2:00
  14. Lonely House 4:03
  15. This Time The Dream's On Me 1:36
  16. The Night We Called It A Day 4:53
  17. Midnight Sun 3:31
  18. I'll Take Romance 2:20
  19. A Stranger Called The Blues 4:19
  20. I Should Care 2:11
  21. Softly As In A Morning Sunrise 2:14
  22. I'm Thrilled 2:47

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In 1960, June Christy and arranger Pete Rugulo re-recorded the original mono 1955 SOMETHING COOL arrangements in stereo. This 2001 remastered edition contains both versions. June Christy's SOMETHING COOL, originally released as a 10-inch LP in 1954. single-handedly inaugurated the cool-jazz vocals movement. Christy had been a star vocalist with the Stan Kenton Orchestra in the late '40s, enjoying such major hits as "Tampico" and "Shoo Fly Pie & Apple Pan Dowdy." Soon after she left the band, she began working with key Kenton arranger Pete Rugolo and a slew of top West Coast studio musicians (including her husband, tenor saxophonist Bob Cooper) on her first solo album for Capitol Records. The result was SOMETHING COOL, which is both a winning showcase for Christy's wistful style and a landmark of cool-jazz modernism. From the start, Christy established herself as an artist who strove for the very best in song selection, arrangements, and notably intelligent interpretation. There were perhaps other vocalists with greater vocal equipment but few could match June Christy's artistic integrity. The celebrated title track is the soliloquy of a female barfly of a certain age, reminiscing (and fantasizing) about better days to a fellow male patron who just might buy her another drink. It remains Christy's signature performance to this day. Other highlights include a swinging "It Could Happen To You," "Midnight Sun," and an ambitious arrangement of Kurt Weill's "Lonely House."

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”