FileCat premium

Nicholas Rodriguez - The First Time... (2015) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Nicholas Rodriguez - The First Time... (2015) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Jun 2019, 18:15

Artist: Nicholas Rodriguez
Album: The First Time...
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: PS Classics
Released: 2015
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin' (Rodgers-Hammerstein) - 3:41
  2. Conversation (Mitchell) - 4:10
  3. Sooner or Later (Sondheim) - 3:46
  4. Leaving on a Jet Plane (Denver) - 5:21
  5. I've Never Been in Love Before (Loesser)/Amor (Ruiz-Mendez) - 2:06
  6. Waters of March (Jobim) - 4:12
  7. Will You Love Me Tomorrow (King-Goffin) - 5:17
  8. You'll Be in My Heart (Collins) - 4:17
  9. A Case of You (Mitchell) - 5:35
  10. Jolene (Parton) - 3:03
  11. Brave (Antonoff-Bareilles) - 3:59
  12. Sometimes (Yule-Budway-Rodriguez) - 3:13
  13. That's All (Brandt-Haymes) - 4:32

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Nicholas Rodriguez - vocals
  • Ron Afif - guitar
  • David Budway - piano
  • Neal Caine - bass
  • Donald Edwards - drums, percussion

Tagged as "spectacular" by The New York Times, "awesome" by NPR, and "outstanding" by The New Yorker, Nicholas Rodriguez fuses his love of theatre with the music of jazz, blues, folk and pop on his debut solo album. Drawn and expanded from his one-man show, The First Time... unleashes Rodriguez on a mix of Broadway and pop tunes that lifts familiar favorites into exciting new territory. As he slides effortlessly from smooth lows to an arresting falsetto, Rodriguez tackles songs by Stephen Sondheim (a rare male recording of the Oscar-winner "Sooner or Later"), Frank Loesser (a reinvented "I've Never Been in Love Before" that reflects Rodriguez's Mexican-American roots) and Rodgers & Hammerstein (an exultant jazz-waltz "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'," a nod to his acclaimed performance as Curly at D.C.'s Arena Stage) alongside pop hits like Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You" and Sara Bareilles' "Brave" -- then fuses the worlds of Broadway and pop with a knockout performance of Phil Collins' "You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan, the show in which Rodriguez made his Broadway debut. Rodriguez is perhaps best known for his breakthrough performance as Nick Chavez in ABC's One Life to Live, for which he received the GLAAD Media Award and the 2009 Visibility Award. Now, PS Classics proudly presents his debut album, a portion of the proceeds from which will go to benefit the Broadway Dreams Foundation, where Rodriguez is the artistic director.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”