FileCat premium

Dick Hyman And His Orchestra - Electrodynamics (1963/2012) [Soul-Jazz, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Dick Hyman And His Orchestra - Electrodynamics (1963/2012) [Soul-Jazz, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Jul 2019, 17:02

Artist: Dick Hyman And His Orchestra
Album: Electrodynamics
Genre: Soul-Jazz, Easy Listening
Label: Sinetone AMR
Released: 1963/2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Stompin' at the Savoy (Goodman-Webb-Sampson) - 2:49
  2. The Sweetest Sounds (from "No Strings") (Rodgers) - 2:54
  3. I Left My Heart in San Francisco (Cross-Gory) - 3:08
  4. Fly Me to the Moon (Howard) - 2:54
  5. Paradise (Brown) - 3:02
  6. Side by Side (Woods) - 2:57
  7. Mack the Knife (from "Three Penny Opera") (Weill-Blitzstein) - 2:31
  8. Satin Doll (Strayhorn-Mercer-Ellington) - 2:43
  9. Shadowland (Hyman-Tobias) - 2:31
  10. Big Ben Bossa (Light-Davies) - 2:28
  11. This Is All I Ask (Jenkins) - 2:08
  12. Till We Meet Again (Whiting-Egan) - 2:16

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In spite of the laudatory liner notes praising the capabilities of the then-new Lowrey organ, and the presence of such solid jazz musicians as keyboardist and leader Dick Hyman, bassist Bob Haggart, and drummer Osie Johnson, this session is a bit of a disappointment. Hyman, primarily known for his recordings on piano, is actually a fine organist, though he needs to be heard on a pipe or theater organ to truly appreciate his abilities on the larger keyboard. The program is dominated by standards, along with a fine original by Hyman, but the bland arrangements, no doubt requested by producer Enoch Light to market a less-demanding audience, make it seem more like a cheesy lounge record. While this Command LP is a step above similar recordings made during this period, there are dozens of more interesting dates available by Dick Hyman, though it probably won't be extremely difficult for devoted fans to find this long out of print record.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”