FileCat premium

Tierney Sutton Band - Desire (2009) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Tierney Sutton Band - Desire (2009) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 09 Sep 2019, 17:18

Artist: Tierney Sutton Band
Album: Desire
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Telarc
Released: 2009
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. It's Only a Paper Moon (Harburg-Rose) - 7:16
  2. My Heart Belongs to Daddy (Porter) - 4:53
  3. Long Daddy Green (Dearie-Frishberg) - 5:46
  4. Fever (Cooley-Davenport) - 4:59
  5. It's All Right with Me (Porter) - 4:38
  6. Then I'll Be Tired of You (Schwartz-Harburg) - 4:24
  7. Cry Me a River (Hamilton) - 5:22
  8. Love Me or Leave Me (Donaldson-Kahn) - 4:54
  9. Heart's Desire (Broadbent-Frishberg) - 3:54
  10. Whatever Lola Wants (Ross-Adler) - 5:39
  11. Skylark (Carmichael-Mercer) - 5:50

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Tierney Sutton has evolved into one of the most striking jazz singers of the early 21st century, simply because of her gift for finding new approaches to familiar songs without abandoning their essence. With her longtime band (pianist Christian Jacob, drummer Ray Brinker, and either Trey Henry or Kevin Axt on bass), Sutton has crafted unusual arrangements of nine standards that many vocalists seem to perform on autopilot without giving them much thought. She turns "It's Only a Paper Moon" into a mystical work by interweaving an excerpt of a Bahá'í prayer in a tense arrangement with Jacob's adventurous altered chords and Brinker's brushwork complementing her enchanting vocal. The uptempo backing to her explosive interpretation of "My Heart Belongs" gives it a decidedly new twist. Likewise, Sutton puts her own touch on perennial vamp favorites like "Whatever Lola Wants" and "Fever" that make a substantial departure from well-known recordings. She's at her best with a pair of songs by Dave Frishberg, including the bittersweet "Long Daddy Green" (co-written by Blossom Dearie) and the touching ballad "Heart's Desire" (with music by Alan Broadbent), two gems that have been infrequently recorded.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”