FileCat premium

Mildred Bailey - Band Vocalist Vol. 2 (1994) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Mildred Bailey - Band Vocalist Vol. 2 (1994) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Nov 2019, 15:20

Artist: Mildred Bailey
Album: Band Vocalist Vol. 2
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: The Old Masters
Released: 1994
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Paul Whiteman And His Orchestra - Medley - 8:30
  2. Leonard Joy Orchestra - Stop the Sun, Stop the Moon (J. Russel Robinson) - 2:40
  3. Leonard Joy Orchestra - Strangers (J. Fred Coots) - 2:44
  4. Leonard Joy Orchestra - I'll Never Be the Same (Gus Kahn / Matty Malneck / Frank Signorelli) - 3:22
  5. Paul Whiteman And His Orchestra - We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye (Harry Woods) - 3:21
  6. Matty Malneck Orchestra - Rockin' Chair (Hoagy Carmichael) - 3:03
  7. Matty Malneck Orchestra - Love Me Tonight (Lorenz Hart / Richard Rodgers) - 3:24
  8. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Is That Religion? (Mitchell Parish / Maceo Pinkard) - 3:08
  9. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Harlem Lullaby (Margod Millhane / Willard Robison) - 3:02
  10. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - There's a Cabin in the Sky - 3:02
  11. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Lazy Bones (Hoagy Carmichael / Johnny Mercer) - 3:07
  12. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Shoutin' in That Amen Corner (Andy Razaf) - 2:54
  13. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Snowball (Hoagy Carmichael) - 3:12
  14. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - But I Can't Make a Man (Rube Bloom / Trummy Young) - 3:01
  15. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Give Me Liberty or Give Me Love (Ralph Rainger / Leo Robin) - 3:07
  16. The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Doin' the Uptown Lowdown (Mack Gordon / Harry Revel) - 2:57
  17. Casa Loma Orchestra - Heat Wave (Irving Berlin) - 2:47
  18. Benny Goodman And His Orchestra - Junk Man - Take 2 (Frank Loesser / George W. Meyer) - 3:05
  19. Benny Goodman And His Orchestra - Junk Man - Take 3 (Frank Loesser / George W. Meyer) - 3:05
  20. Benny Goodman And His Orchestra - Ol' Pappy (Jerry Levinson / Al J. Neiburg / Marty Symes) - 3:14
  21. Benny Goodman And His Orchestra - Emaline (Mitchell Parish / Frank Perkins) - 3:30
  22. Georgia Jubalee - 2:46

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The second of two CDs from the TOM ("The Old Masters") label finishes the documentation of singer Mildred Bailey's earliest recordings. Bailey is featured with Paul Whiteman, the Dorsey Brothers Big Band, the Casa Loma Orchestra ("Heat Wave"), an all-star group with Benny Goodman (and tenor-great Coleman Hawkins) and on a her few of her own sessions. Although the emphasis is on ballads, the program generally holds on to one's interest (despite a few songs with racist lyrics, notably "Snowball") and the Goodman session (which is rounded off with an instrumental version of "Georgia Jubilee") is a near-classic. Other highlights include "I'll Never Be the Same," "Love Me Tonight," a touching "There's a Cabin in the Pines" and Bailey's earliest version of her future theme song "Rockin' Chair."
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”