FileCat premium

The Temptations - For Lovers Only (1995/2002) [Soul]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Temptations - For Lovers Only (1995/2002) [Soul]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Apr 2016, 13:09

Artist: The Temptations
Album: For Lovers Only
Genre: Soul
Label: Motown Records
Released: 1995/2002
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Some Enchanted Evening (5:26)
  2. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face (5:49)
  3. At Last (4:33)
  4. Night And Day (3:54)
  5. Time After Time (4:59)
  6. Melvin's Interlude (1:22)
  7. Life Is But A Dream (4:25)
  8. What A Difference A Day Makes (6:27)
  9. I'm Glad There Is You (5:16)
  10. South Shell Interlude (0:59)
  11. That's Why (I Love You So) (4:40)
  12. For Your Love, You Send Me (Medley) (6:00)
  13. Night And Day (Remix) (3:55)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Arguably the Temptations' best album since Truly For You dropped in 1984, For Lovers Only is not the Temptations' first album of standards. This set of classics is different than Temptations in a Mellow Mood, where they acquiesced to the material, giving relatively straight readings, and never deviated far from the songs' popular arrangements. The only things the standards on For Lovers Only have in common with the originals are the titles and the lyrics, the arrangements are completely different, and the tempos are changed. The Temptations' sing with this much enthusiasm in years. The main shortcoming of this record is that the lead singers for the particular songs aren't listed in the CD Booklet; this is essential information, since the group has gone through so many changes. Richard Perry outdid himself with this production, he expertly captured the essence of the Temptations, regardless of the members, in these songs. Their signature vocal blend is emphasized at every turn, and why not, it's what brought throngs of fans into their fold in the first place. He didn't concentrate on one lead singer, like others have in the past. The Temptations were initially marketed as a group of five capable lead singers and that's what you get with this excellent collection. Credit also goes to Jimmy Varner who assisted in the production, all the vocals and arrangements were done by the Temptations. I hope we don't have to wait another 11 years.
Review by Andrew Hamilton

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”