FileCat premium

Tina Brooks - Back to the Tracks (2013) [Hard Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Tina Brooks - Back to the Tracks (2013) [Hard Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 Dec 2019, 14:25

Artist: Tina Brooks
Album: Back to the Tracks
Genre: Hard Bop
Label: Audio Wave
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Back to the Tracks (Brooks) - 8:05
  2. Street Singer (Brooks) - 10:22
  3. The Blues and I (Brooks) - 8:56
  4. For Heaven's Sake (Meyer-Bretton-Edwards) - 6:06
  5. The Ruby and the Pearl (Livingston-Evans) - 5:06

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Blue Mitchell - trumpet
  • Jackie McLean - alto saxophone (#2)
  • Tina Brooks - tenor saxophone
  • Kenny Drew - piano
  • Paul Chambers - bass
  • Art Taylor - drums

Harold "Tina" Brooks could have been a tenor sax contender for legendary status and certainly had the ability, the sound and the creative imagination. A colorful player (and exceptional composer) whose hard bop solos were soulful, inventive and stimulating, Brooks had the misfortune of having three of his four Blue Note albums as a leader lay unissued until he had passed away. As difficult as it is to believe after listening, Back To The Tracks was one of these unreleased sets.
In truth, there was no logical reason why this very rare 1960 session was bypassed for it features Brooks coming up with one brilliant solo after another throughout a consistently superb set, more than holding his own with a stellar cast including trumpeter Blue Mitchell, altoist Jackie McLean and a superb rhythm section on a mixture of originals and standards. Brooks plays his heart out during these rare recordings that really define where jazz was in 1960. Back To The Tracks is a timeless hard bop gem that should not to be missed!

"I recommend these highly. If you want the best digital versions of these great Blue Note albums, grab these. In my opinion they are the best that have ever been done and probably the best that ever will be. They can't stay in print forever so don't delay!" - Steve Hoffman, Mastering Engineer

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”