FileCat premium

Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra - The Capitol Studios Sessions (2018) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra - The Capitol Studios Sessions (2018) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 23 Dec 2019, 12:24

Artist: Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra
Album: The Capitol Studios Sessions
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Decca
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Cantaloupe Island (5:43)
  2. Don’t Mess with Mister T (feat. Till Bronner) (4:34)
  3. My Baby Just Cares for Me (feat. Haley Reinhart & Till Bronner) (5:15)
  4. Straighten Up and Fly Right (feat. Imelda May & Till Bronner) (3:13)
  5. Jeff Introduces Sarah Silverman (feat. Sarah Silverman) (3:02)
  6. Me and My Shadow (feat. Sarah Silverman & Till Bronner) (4:08)
  7. Nostalgia in Times Square (4:48)
  8. It Never Entered My Mind (feat. Till Bronner) (6:05)
  9. Gee Baby (Ain’t I Good to You) (feat. Haley Reinhart) (3:11)
  10. I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel to Be Free) (3:59)
  11. This Bitter Earth (feat. Imelda May & Till Bronner) (4:18)
  12. Come On-A-My House (feat. Imelda May & Till Bronner) (3:03)
  13. Caravan (feat. Till Bronner) (5:04)
  14. Good Nights (1:06)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

If there's one word that comes to mind while listening to 2018's The Capitol Studio Sessions -- the debut album from part-time jazz pianist and full-time Jeff Goldblum impersonator Jeff Goldblum -- it's charm. Joking aside, just as with his acting, Goldblum's musical stage presence percolates with his unmistakable charisma, and further cements his long-standing persona as a witty, quirky, gregarious presence. While the album often feels like Goldblum giving one big wink and a smile to his adoring fans after another, part of the fun is that he has the chops to back it up. Having studied piano growing up in Pittsburgh and played lounge gigs throughout much of his career, Goldblum is certainly a gifted performer. While he hands much of the improvisational work over to his bandmates, as a bandleader he acquits himself ably throughout the album, with a warm harmonic sensibility and wonderfully swinging style on full display. Here, he is captured live at the storied Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, backed by his longtime ensemble of studio-pros the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra (lovingly named after a family friend in Pittsburgh). Joining him are a select cadre of special guests including singers Haley Reinhart and Imelda May, trumpeter Till Bronner, and on the giddy, self-referential duet "Me and My Shadow," singer/comedian Sarah Silverman. While Goldblum is the main attraction, he smartly spreads the spotlight, allowing Reinhart and May to sashay their ways through saucy renditions of "My Baby Just Cares For Me," "Straighten Up and Fly Right," and "Come-On-A-My-House." Similarly, he gives Bronner a plethora of solo time, with tracks like the ballad "It Never Entered My Mind," and the organ-accented groover "Don't Mess with Mister T.” One of the many impressive aspects of the Capitol Studio Sessions is just how balanced Goldblum's skills are as he deftly moves his audience from perky vocal standards to swinging instrumental numbers -- each transition aided, of course, with some very charming stage banter.
Review by Matt Collar

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”