FileCat premium

Abdullah Ibrahim - African Sun (1988/1998) [African Jazz, Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Latin, Afro-Beat, Afro-Cuban, Klezmer Jazz, Tango Nuevo, Bossa Nova
Mike1985
Uploader

Abdullah Ibrahim - African Sun (1988/1998) [African Jazz, Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 08 Jan 2020, 14:07

Artist: Abdullah Ibrahim
Album: African Sun
Genre: African Jazz, Post-Bop
Label: Kaz Records/Camden/BMG
Released: 1988/1998
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. African Sun (Ibrahim) - 6:14
  2. Bra Joe from Kilimanjaro (Ibrahim) - 6:14
  3. Rolling (Ibrahim) - 7:28
  4. Memories of You (Blake-Razaf) - 4:50
  5. Sathima (Ibrahim) - 11:26
  6. African Herbs (Ibrahim) - 10:40
  7. Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen (Trad.) - 6:58
  8. Blues for B (Ibrahim) - 7:41
  9. Gwidza (Ibrahim) - 4:40
  10. Kamalie (Ibrahim) - 10:02

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This is one of the best of the 'Africa' sessions recordings by Abdullah Ibrahim/Dollar Brand. Eaily on a par with the fabulous Blues for a Hip King this album features some truly wonderful compositions that have the Mannenberg feel that was at the heart of Ibrahim's playing (the title track, and 'Rollin' stand out) and some inspired playing from his sidemen.

The real gem on this is Kippie Moeketsi, one of South Africa's lost treasures, who plays a glorious burning solo on the title track that makes the hair stand up on my neck each time I hear it.

There is nothing on this album that disappoints, and even though the liner notes are spartan (I've never been able to find accurate recording dates on any releases of this material, including the original vinyl), you do know who plays on what. This is lively, loveable music. Wonderful South African Jazz!
Review by Alfie Cooke

Return to “World Fusion, Ethnic Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”