FileCat premium

Buddy Rich - West Coast All-Star Sessions (2009) [Big Band, Swing]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Buddy Rich - West Coast All-Star Sessions (2009) [Big Band, Swing]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 17 Jan 2020, 14:03

Artist: Buddy Rich
Album: West Coast All-Star Sessions
Genre: Big Band, Swing
Label: Fresh Sound Records
Released: 2009
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Let's Fall In Love (2:50)
  2. Me And My Jaguar (3:50)
  3. Just Blues (6:29)
  4. Sweets Opus No. 1 (2:39)
  5. Strike It Rich (6:34)
  6. Sportin' Life (Sweetie Pie) (2:38)
  7. Pianos, Bongos, Bass And Guitar (3:30)
  8. Jump For Me (5:44)
  9. Blues For Basie (7:19)
  10. Shorty George (5:13)
  11. 9:20 Special (4:36)
  12. Blue And Sentimental (4:49)
  13. Down For Double (4:07)
  14. Jumping At The Woodside (6:25)
  15. Ain't It The Truth (3:00)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This CD is an hommage to jazz legend Buddy Rich, a great, swinging drummer with roots in the Swing Era. Rich played with some of the best big bands, but it was his association with Tommy Dorsey that first thrust him into the consciousness of a whole generation of swing fans. He won many Down Beat awards during his time, going as far back as 1941, and has been ranked by most authorities as the leading drummer in jazz during a span of more than two decades. Drummers of all persuasion have shown their admiration for Rich. Max Roach, dean of modern drummers, after making an LP with Buddy, said that he was “a fabulous musician, either in a big band or with a small group.” Philly Joe Jones, one of the most respected of all jazz drummers, remarked, “Buddy does things that are unbelievable for any drummer… I’ve seen Buddy do all kinds of solos, any way you can think of, and I’ve never seen him do tricks.” To top things up, no less an authority on the subject than Gene Krupa said: “Buddy Rich is the greatest drummer of all time.” It is hard to get better than that!

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”