FileCat premium

Gap Band - The Best Of (1994) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Gap Band - The Best Of (1994) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Apr 2016, 12:43

Artist: Gap Band
Album: The Best Of
Genre: Funk, Soul, R&B
Label: PolyGram Records, Inc.
Released: 1994
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Early In The Morning (12'' Version)
  2. Shake
  3. Outstanding (12'' Version)
  4. Burn Rubber On Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)
  5. Yearning For Your Love
  6. Open Up Your Mind (Wide)
  7. You Dropped A Bomb On Me
  8. You Can Count On Me
  9. I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up And Dance (Oops!)
  10. Steppin' (Out)
  11. Humpin'
  12. The Boys Are Back In Town
  13. Party Train

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

A collection from the Mercury funk lineup that covers the hits from the first five Gap Band albums. Every major hit that they had is included here. What one might notice is that all of the major hits ("You Dropped a Bomb on Me," "Burn Rubber on Me," "Early in the Morning," and "I Don't Believe You Want to Get up and Dance") all sound surprisingly similar. This may or may not be a large surprise to everyone, but the bright note about their similarity is that the basic riffs and rhythms that they all use are extremely catchy. The energy that the Gap Band exudes in the midst of producing a song is stunning, and this compilation displays that to the fullest extent. For a basic introduction to the forms of funk that the Gap Band followed, this album would certainly suit any given listener. For those who only need one Gap Band album in their collection, this one also fits the bill perfectly. For die-hard fans who already have all of the band's albums, this one would probably only really serve as a summary.
Review by Adam Greenberg

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”