FileCat premium

Stan Getz ‎- Mickey One (1998) [Big Band, Cool Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Stan Getz ‎- Mickey One (1998) [Big Band, Cool Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 17 Jan 2020, 14:23

Artist: Stan Getz
Album: Mickey One
Genre: Big Band, Cool Jazz
Label: Verve Records
Released: 1998
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Once Upon a Time
  2. Mickey's Theme
  3. On Stage (I'm A Polack Noel Coward) / Mickey's Flight / The Crushout (Total Death)
  4. Is There Any Word From The Lord? / Up From Limbo / If You Ever Need Me / A Taste Of Living / Shaley's Neighborhood Sewer & The Pickle Club Rock / The Agent / The Stripper
  5. Sucubba, The
  6. Mickey Polka
  7. Where I Live / The Apartment / Cleaning Up For Jenny / The Polish Landlady
  8. I Put My Life In Your Hands / A Girl Named Jenny
  9. Yes-The Creature Machine / Guilty Of Not Being Innocent / Touching In Love / A Five Day Life / The Syndicate / Ruby Lapp Is Dead / Who Owns Me, (Going To) / The Big Fight / Darkness Before The Day
  10. Morning Ecstasy (Under the Scaffold)
  11. As Long as I Live
  12. Is There Any Word? So This Is the Word
  13. Mickey's Flight
  14. Once Upon a Time - (film version)
  15. Mickey's Flight / The Crushout - (film version)
  16. Is There Any Word From The Lord? / Up From Limbo / If You Ever Need Me / Shaley's Neighborhood Sewer & The Pickle Club Rock / The Agent - (film version)
  17. Girl Named Jenny, A - (film version)
  18. Touching in Love - (film version)
  19. Who Owns Me, (Going To) / The Big Fight - (film version)
  20. Morning Ecstasy
  21. Is There Any Word? So This Is the Word - (film version)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Recorded at Fine Recording, New York, York on August 16, 17 & 20, 1965. Originally relesed MGM (4312). Includes liner notes by Doug Ramsey and Arthur Penn.

Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Kevin Reeves (Polygram Studios).

This is part of the Verve Master Edition series.

The legacy of Mickey One, Arthur Penn's controversial 1965 film (starring the insufferably cute and young Warren Beatty), is the score, a stunning musical collaboration between Eddie Sauter and Stan Getz. The two musicians had met in the mid-'40s while a teenage Getz had one of the sax chairs in Benny Goodman's big band and Sauter was providing the latter with arrangements.

Sauter uses less bombast and fewer obvious hooks in these original compositions than contemporaries John Barry (007/Bond) and Henry Mancini ("Pink Panther") respectively--his is a more subtle art. With influences ranging from Bartok and Stravinsky to Americana and polka bands, this ambitious opus achieves an effect that is, in itself, almost cinematic. Together with Getz's superb and inspired flights of improv (including some double- and triple-track self-accompaniment), the duo create a colorful and appropriately complex urban soundscape.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”