FileCat premium

Johnny Cash - Man in Black: Live in Denmark 1971 (2015) [Country]; mp3, 320 kbps

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Johnny Cash - Man in Black: Live in Denmark 1971 (2015) [Country]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 25 Feb 2020, 15:28

Artist: Johnny Cash
Album: Man in Black: Live in Denmark 1971
Genre: Country
Origin: USA
Released: 2015
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  2. Johnny Cash - Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  3. Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  4. Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  5. Carl Perkins - Matchbox (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  6. Johnny Cash - Me and Bobby McGee (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  7. Johnny Cash - I Guess Things Happen That Way (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  8. The Statler Brothers - Bed of Roses (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  9. The Statler Brothers - Flowers On the Wall (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  10. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  11. Johnny Cash - Darlin' Companion (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  12. Johnny Cash - If I Were a Carpenter (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  13. Johnny Cash - Help Me Make It Through the Night (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  14. Johnny Cash - Man in Black (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  15. Johnny Cash - Introduction to the Carter Family (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  16. The Carter Family - A Song to Mama (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  17. Johnny Cash - No Need to Worry (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  18. Johnny Cash - Rock of Ages (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)
  19. Johnny Cash - Children, Go Where I Send Thee (Live at Channel DR-TV, Copenhagen, Denmark - September 1971)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Broadcast on Danish television in 1971, this hour-long program is a decent document of Johnny Cash in the prime of his media visibility, though it's not the best such thing available. In fact, it's a little like watching an episode of his network variety TV show without as much variety. Done on a simple set before a small audience, the focus is wholly on the music, though Cash occasionally cedes the spotlight to a few guests. Seven of the 19 songs on the disc, however, are Cash solo performances, including well-known numbers like "I Walk the Line," "Man in Black," "A Boy Named Sue," and "Guess Things Happen That Way," as well as the Kris Kristofferson covers "Me and Bobby McGee" and "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down." Cash also duets with wife June Carter Cash on three tunes, taking in another Kristofferson cover ("Help Me Make It Through the Night") and interpretations of songs by John Sebastian ("Darling Companion") and Tim Hardin ("If I Were a Carpenter"). Also taking turns as featured performers are Carl Perkins (with "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Matchbox"), the Statler Brothers (who do their biggest hit, "Flowers on the Wall"), and the Carter Family (though the instrumental they offer sounds like a song that's waiting for a lead vocalist to come in). All the performers join together for some spiritual tunes, and Cash provides the melodramatic narration for the Carter Family's maudlin "A Song to Mama," complete with an insert of Maybelle Carter getting misty-eyed in a corner of the screen. The show as a whole is a little workmanlike (and Cash's guitar often dangles unplayed), but it's a fair way to get a concentrated dose of the music Johnny and his intimates were performing in the early '70s.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossy - mp3)”