FileCat premium

Elliott Frisby - Rusty Road (2020) [Country Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Elliott Frisby - Rusty Road (2020) [Country Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 27 Feb 2020, 06:54

Artist: Elliott Frisby
Album: Rusty Road
Genre: Country Pop
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Rusty Road
  2. Maybe Someday
  3. Young in Love
  4. Meant to Be
  5. Heading out There
  6. I'll Be There

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Back in 2004, I wanted to do something more than anything in the world. I wanted to record in Nashville TN. Maybe it was my mum playing Garth Brooks at full volume when I was young or some sort of spiritual connection. Whatever it was, I wanted to go and I wanted to go straight away! Slight problem. I was broke and only a guitar and pocket full of songs to my name.

I found myself saving every penny I could by performing acoustic sets on a P&O cruise ship. Whilst others were buying the latest tech from St Martin in the Carribean, I was writing songs in my cabin and drinking cheap beer in the crew bar. At times it wasn’t easy to keep spirits high. I was surrounded by a lot of negativity from my peers. ‘Why bother?!’ ‘you’ll never make it’! ‘You won’t do it’! What they failed to realize, is that if you say words like that to a boy from Essex who left home at 16 with just a guitar and a few clothes then words like that would make him more determined to go out and prove you wrong. And I did!

When finances started to look hopeful, I went through the process of contacting as many record labels as I could. For those songwriters out there, you will know this isn’t an easy task! After hearing nothing back from the crappy acoustic demos I was sending I was just starting to lose faith when PING! The Hotmail account showed that I had received my first response and as if by magic, the next few days brought me 4 more responses! I started my research and was drawn to Wild Oats Records and the driving force Steve Haggard, a bloody nice bloke who I’m still in touch with today. ( 16 years later! Yes, I’m 39 now! 40 in March 2020. )

I had made my decision and within a few months, I was boarding the plane on route to Nashville Tennessee. I will be writing about that trip in a blog which you will be able to find via my LinkedIn.

This album speaks very much of how I was feeling at the time. It’s very honest, describes struggles, love, positivity and hope. I didn’t realise how true it was at the time but hearing it now, those years later I was definitely writing from the heart or a beer can. This now leads to the question, Why am I only releasing it now?!! Truth is, I don’t really know. Maybe it’s because I see myself as a Hypocrite. Since those Nashville days, I’ve been lucky enough to play with great artists like Robin Gibb from the Bee Gees, play great venues like The Royal Albert Hall alongside Shirley Bassey and even hosted my own TV music show. One of the roles I play in the music scene is working as a Musical Director and Producer and working alongside other writers and I’m always dictating that if you have something to create and share then do it and get it out there! Give the world what you have to offer and don’t be ashamed of it as by doing this you’re being true to yourself. For the most part, I have lived by these rules but not when it came to this album. At the time I felt that it was incomplete, my voice sounded a bit naff and there were things I would have done differently. I heard the negative voices of those around me swimming through my head and I couldn’t shake them off. Though I never released it, I would sell the album at gigs and received a great response. The title track ‘Rusty Road’ and ‘Meant To Be’ even received a little airplay but still, I couldn’t release it. What a hypocrite I am!

Nearly 16 years later I found my album Rusty Road and I am not ashamed to say that I cried when driving home to my wife and children from my gig. Yes, there are things I would still change, there always will be but it was real and honest and I think that’s what the people who purchased their CD copy from my gigs picked up on. I took the tracks to the studio, gave them a remaster and sat down with a few honest and trustworthy friends to have a listen. For us, 4 of the tracks didn’t make the cut and I will be re-recording them at a later date but the final 6 made this EP which I really hope you enjoy.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”