FileCat premium

John Lee Hooker - Blues Brother (24 Vintage Sensation Recordings 1948-1951) (2013) [Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

John Lee Hooker - Blues Brother (24 Vintage Sensation Recordings 1948-1951) (2013) [Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 02 Mar 2020, 14:18

Artist: John Lee Hooker
Album: Blues Brother (24 Vintage Sensation Recordings 1948-1951)
Genre: Blues, Delta Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 2013
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Boogie Chillen
  2. Rollin' Blues
  3. I Need Lovin' (Aka Tease Me Over Baby
  4. Grinder Man
  5. Women In My Life
  6. My Baby's Got Something
  7. Momma Poppa Boogie
  8. Sailing Blues
  9. Graveyard Blues
  10. Huckle Up Baby
  11. Alberta
  12. Boogie Chillen # 2
  13. Three Long Years Today
  14. Do My Baby Think Of Me?
  15. Burnin' Hell
  16. Goin' On Highway 51
  17. Sail On Little Girl, Sail On
  18. Alberta - Part 2
  19. 21 Boogie
  20. Find Me A Woman (Aka I'm Gonna Git Me A Woman)
  21. Hastings Street Boogie
  22. Canal Street Blues
  23. War Is Over (Goodbye California)
  24. Henry's Swing Club

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

"Blues Brother" is a 24 track collection of material recorded by John Lee Hooker for the Sensation label between 1948 and 1951. Mastered directly from the original tapes and lacquers it has an excellent sound quality.

For those who enjoy their Hooker as just the man, the guitar (sometimes electric, sometimes acoustic) and the stamping foot, this disc will be of interest to you. The only additional musicianship to be found here is a harmonica on two tracks, and a lead guitar on another.

Although this collection covers the same era as Hooker's more famous recordings made for the Modern label, I find it the fidelity of this CD to be superior to the well respected The Legendary Modern Recordings. Both CDs were released within a year of each other by Ace Records, but to my ears this one sounds far more alive. There are times when you really get a feel for the room in which the recording took place.

The original transfers of this material were made in 1970 for a vinyl release. The more natural sound of this CD in comparison to 'The Legendary Modern Recordings' could well be a consequence of those 1970 tapes being transferred directly to CD without further digital tampering.

As for the music, Blues Brother showcases Hooker's one-man-one-guitar format throughout, and unlike The Legendary Modern Recordings is largely acoustic. It's also stylistically a little more subdued, mellow or downbeat at times, with Hooker's playing having more of a traditional Blues feel. It's closer in style to The Country Blues of John Lee Hooker.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”