FileCat premium

Nick Vayenas - Lineage (2020) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Nick Vayenas - Lineage (2020) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Mar 2020, 20:00

Artist: Nick Vayenas
Album: Lineage
Genre: Mainstream Jazz
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. I'm Getting Sentimental over You
  2. Caravan
  3. Smile
  4. Pannonica
  5. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
  6. The Eternal Triangle
  7. Ana Maria
  8. Long Ago and Far Away
  9. Summertime
  10. Goodbye

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Trombonist Nick Vayenas has been a mainstay on the music scene for the past 17 years. Based in New York City, Nick has worked in a variety of settings both as a sideman and leader. From creative jazz to pop, classical, and big band, Nick is comfortable in almost any musical setting. 'Lineage' is Nick's 7th album as a leader, and his first consisting of all standard repertoire. "I wanted to choose some of my favorite tunes from the American Songbook, as well as a few classic jazz standards, get a swinging band, and just have some fun", says Nick. "I grew up listening to my idols play standards and I have always wanted to make an album like this. I felt I was up to the challenge, and this album was in the "Lineage" of the jazz tradition."

Featured tracks include "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You", the 1940s hit theme song of trombonist Tommy Dorsey, Charlie Chaplin's classic "Smile", Duke Ellington's "Caravan", and the beautiful Gordon Jenkins ballad "Goodbye". "The Eternal Triangle", composed by saxophonist Sonny Stitt, features Nick and special guest trombonist Elliot Mason trading ideas on an uptempo rhythm changes.

Rounding out the rhythm section are long time collaborators Glenn Zaleski (piano), Peter Slavov (bass), and Luca Santaniello (drums). "I hope people find this album as fun to listen to as we had making it", Nick says. "Everyone came to play and swung hard."

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”