FileCat premium

Warren Wolf - Reincarnation (2020) [Smooth Jazz, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Warren Wolf - Reincarnation (2020) [Smooth Jazz, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Mar 2020, 20:37

Artist: Warren Wolf
Album: Reincarnation
Genre: Smooth Jazz, Soul
Label: Mack Avenue Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Smooth Intro (2:09)
  2. For Ma (4:59)
  3. Vahybing (7:09)
  4. In the Heat of the Night (6:55)
  5. The Struggle (9:21)
  6. For the Love of You (7:10)
  7. Sebastian and Zoe (5:29)
  8. Livin' the Good Life (5:29)
  9. Come and Dance with Me (3:40)
  10. Smooth Outro (1:27)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Warren Wolf – vibraphone
  • Brett Williams – Fender Rhodes [1, 4, 6, 7, 10]; piano [2, 3, 5, 7–9]
  • Richie Goods – electric bass [1–7, 10] upright bass [8]
  • Mark Whitfield – guitar [4, 6]
  • Carroll “CV” Dashiell III – drums, percussion [1–8, 10]
  • Imani-Grace Cooper – vocals [4, 6–8]; background vocals [5]
  • Marcellus “Bassman” Shepard – vocals [1, 4, 7, 10]

On 'Reincarnation' Baltimore vibesman Warren Wolf reveals an entirely different side to his multi-faceted talents, allowing him to indulge his love for the R&B and soul hits that served as the soundtrack to his formative years in the 1990s. It's also a celebration of a new lease on life, a happiness and contentment that he's discovered through a new marriage and his five beloved children.

Through his three prior Mack Avenue Music Group releases and his attention-grabbing work with the likes of Christian McBride, Bobby Watson, Karriem Riggins, Jeremy Pelt, and the SFJAZZ Collective, Warren Wolf has established himself as the foremost straight-ahead vibraphonist of his generation, a bop torchbearer well equipped to carry the mantle of forebears like Bobby Hutcherson and Milt Jackson.

For 'Reincarnation', the vibist realised he'd need a band equally versed in the jazz tradition and the sultry feel of vintage R&B. His compositions touched on the R&B groups that blared from the radio in his high school and college days: D'Angelo, Mint Condition, Prince, even 2Pac. He found the ideal chemistry through a mix of scene veterans and rising stars - drummer Carroll "CV" Dashiell III, bassist Richie Goods and newcomer vocalist Imani-Grace Cooper.

Marcellus "Bassman" Shepard, aka "The Man with the Voice," a DJ on Baltimore's WEAA 88.9, serves as emcee and Greek chorus throughout the album, providing a radio-style intro for the album on the opening track, "Smooth Intro," and a summary farewell on the bookending "Smooth Outro."

"This is just an album about love and feel-good music," Wolf summed up. "At this point in my career, I just wanted to show that I can be versatile in many different styles. I plan to continue to grow and play all the wonderful music that has shaped me as a musician today."

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”