FileCat premium

Lynn Anderson - Cry (1972/2020) [Country]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Lynn Anderson - Cry (1972/2020) [Country]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 06 Mar 2020, 14:13

Artist: Lynn Anderson
Album: Cry
Genre: Country
Label: Columbia Nashville Legacy
Released: 1972/2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Cry
  2. Never Ending Song of Love
  3. Ask Any Woman
  4. Bedtime Story
  5. I Won't Mention It Again
  6. Tonight My Baby's Coming Home
  7. Cotton Jenny
  8. Kiss Away
  9. When You Say Love
  10. We Can Make It
  11. We've Got to Get It On Again

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Cry continues Lynn Anderson's trend toward pop music and away from songs written by her gifted mother, Liz Anderson. In their place are songs written by producers Glenn Sutton and Billy Sherrill, including songs they originally wrote for other artists in some cases. The title track, a 1951 hit for Johnny Ray, became a Top Three country hit for Anderson and is emblematic of the direction her career took in the wake of her crossover hit "Rose Garden." Other pop covers include very recent hits by the Addrisi Brothers ("We've Got to Get It On Again") and Sonny & Cher ("When You Say Love"). Anderson turns in an ace version of Sherrill and Sutton's "Tonight My Baby's Coming Home," another recent hit this time a country one for Barbara Mandrell. Anderson was a hot commercial property at this stage and was putting out albums at a rate of three or four a year; she was such an exceptional vocalist she always did well by the material, but the preponderance of pop covers and her drift toward easy listening vocal music (she turns Ray Price's "I Won't Mention It Again" into a potential adult contemporary hit) is an ambiguous development.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”