FileCat premium

Betty Wright - Wright Back At You (1983/2016) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Betty Wright - Wright Back At You (1983/2016) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 06 Mar 2020, 14:23

Artist: Betty Wright
Album: Wright Back At You
Genre: Soul, R&B
Label: Funkytowngrooves
Released: 1983/2016
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Burning Desire (3:59)
  2. She's Older Now (6:26)
  3. Be Your Friend (4:22)
  4. I Promise You (4:55)
  5. Live, Love, Rejoice (4:11)
  6. Special Love (5:11)
  7. Show Me (3:33)
  8. Reggae The Night Away (3:55)
  9. Gimme Just Another Try (4:19)
    Bonus tracks:
  10. Burning Desire (7'' Version) (3:15)
  11. Burning Desire (12'' Version) (7:16)
  12. She's Older Now (7'' Version) (3:58)
  13. Special Love (7'' Version) (4:02)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This Marlon Jackson production recorded in Jamaica hits on all cylinders. "Burning Desire," a Marlon and Tito Jackson song, exploits the disco groove in an infectious way, the rhythm track and trappings, including Luther Vandross on backing vocals, will set you right. "She's Older Now" has a subtle reggae groove with Wright's sweet vocals and squalls, and Vandross again contributed behind the groove. "Be Your Friend," the third straight winner, has a shuffling beat and polyrhythms which invite your best dance moves. Marlon duets with Wright on "I Promise You," a floater accented by a strident sax and romantic lyrics. An enthusiastic "Live, Love, Rejoice" continues the winning tradition, the title is sung like a cheerleading chant, with a tight guitar adding seasoning. Marlon, Randy, Tito, and Jackie Jackson wrote "Special Love," which Wright starts in an airy falsetto like Jackie Jackson's; the reggae rhythms makes this work, and Wright's singing toughens as the tape rolls. "Show Me," "Gimme Just Another Try," and "Reggae This Way " mesh American soul with Jamaican reggae.
Review by Andrew Hamilton

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”