FileCat premium

Maura Donaghy - My Lagan Love (2020) [Country, Folk]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Maura Donaghy - My Lagan Love (2020) [Country, Folk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 12 Mar 2020, 17:02

Artist: Maura Donaghy
Album: My Lagan Love
Genre: Country, Folk
Label: Connoisseur Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Courtin' in the Kitchen
  2. Blarney Roses
  3. The Cliffs of Dooneen
  4. Let Him Go, Let Him Tarry
  5. The Homes of Donegal
  6. A Wee Cup of Tea
  7. Goodbye Johnny Dear
  8. Golden Jubilee
  9. My Lagan Love
  10. I'll Tell Me Ma
  11. The Old Bog Road
  12. The Auld Lammas Fair
  13. The Rose of Mooncoin

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Maura was raised in a musical world, with her mother being well-known, multiple award winning, Irish Ballad singer, Eileen Donaghy. In those early years, Maura fronted many local showbands, singing a range of covers and various different genres. From the age of 18 onwards, Maura has worked as a session singer in a number of recording studios throughout Ireland and London, providing vocals for many soundtracks and for well known artists and bands, such as Margo O’Donnell, Susan McCann, Brendan Quinn, Sean Wilson, John McNicholl, Henry McCullough, Bap Kennedy, Pat McManus, Danny Seraphine (from band Chicago), and many more.

Whilst Maura did not perform Irish songs in her early career, she always had a strong appreciation for the songs her mother sang. With the encouragement of publisher Shay Hennessy and producer Clive Culbertson, Maura decided to start work on recording an album of her mother’s songs, by way of tribute to Eileen, and chose those which she knew to be her mother’s favourites. Maura says, “my mother was a young 30 something when she recorded all of her albums, so I hope that my 50 something year old voice has done these wonderful songs justice”.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”