FileCat premium

Rory Gallagher - Deuce (Remastered 2017) (1971/2018) [Blues Rock]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Rory Gallagher - Deuce (Remastered 2017) (1971/2018) [Blues Rock]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 16 Mar 2020, 16:04

Artist: Rory Gallagher
Album: Deuce (Remastered 2017)
Genre: Blues Rock
Origin: Ireland
Released: 1971/2018
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Used To Be
  2. I'm Not Awake Yet
  3. Don't Know Where I'm Going
  4. Maybe I Will
  5. Whole Lot Of People
  6. In Your Town
  7. Should've Learnt My Lesson
  8. There's A Light
  9. Out Of My Mind
  10. Crest Of A Wave

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Released in November 1971, just six months after his solo debut, Rory Gallagher's second album was the summation of all that he'd promised in the wake of Taste's collapse, and the blueprint for most of what he'd accomplish over the next two years of recording. Largely overlooked by posterity's haste to canonize his next album, Live! In Europe, Deuce finds Gallagher torn between the earthy R&B of "Used to Be," a gritty blues fed through by some viciously unrestrained guitar playing, and the jokey, country-billy badinage of "Don't Know Where I'm Going," a too-short snippet that marries Bob Dylan to Ronnie Lane and reminds listeners just how broad Gallagher's sense of humor was. Reflecting the laid-back feel of Rory Gallagher, "I'm Not Awake Yet" is a largely acoustic piece driven as much by Gerry McAvoy's gutbucket bass as by Gallagher's intricate playing; "There's a Light", too, plays to Gallagher's sensitive side, while stating his mastery of the guitar across a protracted solo that isn't simply spellbinding in its restraint, it also has the effect of adding another voice to the proceedings. But such notions of plaintive melodicism are utterly exorcised by the moments of highest drama, a sequence that peaks with the closing, broiling "Crest of a Wave." With bass set on stun, the drums a turbulent wall of sound, and Gallagher's guitar a sonic switchblade, it's a masterpiece of aggressive dynamics, the sound of a band so close to its peak that you can almost touch the electricity. Of course, that peak would come during 1972-1973 with the albums upon which Gallagher's reputation is today most comfortably set. Deuce, however, doesn't simply set the stage for the future, it strikes the light that ignites the entire firestorm.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”