FileCat premium

Rahsaan Roland Kirk & Al Hibbler - A Meeting Of The Times (1972/2004) [Post-Bop, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Rahsaan Roland Kirk & Al Hibbler - A Meeting Of The Times (1972/2004) [Post-Bop, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 30 Mar 2020, 07:03

Artist: Rahsaan Roland Kirk & Al Hibbler
Album: A Meeting Of The Times
Genre: Post-Bop, Vocal Jazz
Label: Atlantic
Released: 1972/2004
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me (4:40)
  2. Daybreak (3:12)
  3. Lover Come Back To Me (3:49)
  4. Don't Get Around Much Anymore (2:57)
  5. This Love Of Mine (4:57)
  6. Carney And Begard Place (5:33)
  7. I Didn't Know About You (4:01)
  8. Something 'Bout Believing (6:06)
  9. Dream (2:29)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Rahsaan Roland Kirk - tenor saxophone, manzello, stritch, flute, clarinet, baritone saxophone
  • Al Hibbler - vocals (1-5, 7, 8)
  • Hank Jones - piano (1-8)
  • Ron Carter - bass (1-8)
  • Grady Tate - drums (1-8)
  • Leon Thomas - vocals (9)
  • Lonnie Liston Smith - piano (9)
  • Major Holley - bass (9)
  • Charles Crosby - drums (9)

On first glance this LP combines together a pair of unlikely musical partners; the unique multi-instrumentalist Rahsaan Roland Kirk and Duke Ellington's former ballad singer Al Hibbler. However Rahsaan was very well acquainted with Ellington's music and he plays respectfully behind Hibbler on many of the standards, taking the wild "Carney and Bigard Place" as an instrumental. Hibbler (who did not record much this late in his career) is in good voice and phrases as eccentrically as ever on such songs as "Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me," "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" and "I Didn't Know About You." One leftover selection from Rahsaan's session with singer Leon Thomas ("Dream") rounds out this surprising set.
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”