FileCat premium

Snooks Eaglin - New Orleans Street Singer (1959/2015) [Louisiana Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Snooks Eaglin - New Orleans Street Singer (1959/2015) [Louisiana Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 17 May 2020, 16:07

Artist: Snooks Eaglin
Album: New Orleans Street Singer
Genre: Louisiana Blues, Country Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 1959/2015
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Alberta
  2. That's Alright
  3. Malaguena
  4. When They Ring Them Golden Bells
  5. Remember Me
  6. Fly Right Back Baby
  7. I Don't Know
  8. Mean Old World
  9. I Must See Jesus
  10. She's One Black Rat
  11. Don't You Lie to Me
  12. Well, I Had My Fun
  13. Brown Skin Woman
  14. Mama, Don't You Tear My Clothes
  15. Who's Been Foolin' You
  16. When Shadows Fall
  17. One More Drink
  18. I Got a Woman
  19. Come Back, Baby
  20. Trouble in Mind
  21. I Got My Questionaire
  22. The Drifter Blues
  23. Everyday I Have the Blues
  24. A Thousand Miles from Home
  25. I'm Looking for a Woman

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Ford "Snooks" Eaglin's first released recordings, the ones collected here, suggested to the world that Eaglin was a great lost country blues player when he was, in fact, an excellent electric guitar player and a gospel-influenced singer who much preferred playing R&B with a band. When folklorist Harry Oster heard Eaglin busking with his guitar on a street in the French Quarter in 1958, he whisked him over to Louisiana State University and recorded the tracks collected here, either assuming that Eaglin was a folk artist or possibly even asking him to portray one for the sake of the recording. Either way, New Orleans Street Singer was a revelation when it was released by Folkways Records a year later in 1959, presenting to the world a gifted guitar player and a naturally soulful singer who brought a kind of jazzy New Orleans feel and groove to the folk-blues standards he was covering. The album is no less a revelation in the 21st century, although hindsight allows listeners to realize that the folk stance was probably more Oster's preference than Eaglin's. The guitar work is quick and fluid, with lead bursts that surprise and delight, continually settling on unexpected but highly effective chordal resolves, and the singing throughout is steady and informed, sounding a bit like Ray Charles, with tinges of both gospel and jazz phrasing. In Eaglin's hands traditional fare like "Mama, Don't You Tear My Clothes" (a variant of "Baby, Let Me Follow You Down") become reborn and re-formed into definitive versions.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”