FileCat premium

Lindy Vopnfjord - State of the Heart (2020) [Country, Americana, Folk]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Lindy Vopnfjord - State of the Heart (2020) [Country, Americana, Folk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 24 May 2020, 07:40

Artist: Lindy Vopnfjord
Album: State of the Heart
Genre: Country, Americana, Folk
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. State of the Heart
  2. Already over My Head
  3. Breathe
  4. Can We Still Be Lovers
  5. Won’t You Come and See Me Sometime
  6. Letters
  7. Maybe the Sun
  8. Cutting Room Floor
  9. Turns to You
  10. Until I Have to Let You Go

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

State of the Heart not only reflects Lindy's personal evolution toward a new love and revolution as a tighter songwriter, but also, the new life producer Danny Michel, who breathes new life into Lindy’s style, imbuing Lindy’s folk sound with a modern feel. The opening moments “State of the Heart” carry the audience in this new direction, as he sings: “This was meant to be a protest song, but the politics were wrong / Not a time to be sublime / let’s leave the politics behind.”

State of the Heart displays the synergy between the sound and vision of a meticulous perfectionist from a Southern Ontario rural-woods studio and the soul of a self-described ‘joyologist and freedom nerd’, newly transplanted to Hamilton, Ontario. The resulting energy enlivens the beautifully crafted tunes.

Since his first studio album in 1995, Lindy's original music has moved audiences. He's left listeners in love with his mile-wide smile and magnificent talent at house parties and bars, embassies, theatre halls (supporting Canadian duo, Whitehorse), and large festivals, including Montreal’s Osheaga (with Ian LeFeuvre and Todor Kobakov as the electronic pop group, Major Maker), Reykjavik Folk Festival, and Hillside Festival. On You Will Know When It’s Right (2019), Vopnfjord collaborated with Iceland’s legendary band, Nydonsk, to whom Lindy sang along growing up in his musical Icelandic family.

Compelled to write the world a song, Lindy’s “Look Me In the Eye” pays homage to environmental activist Greta Thunberg, while "No Place Left to Land" soundtracks the 2019 documentary Margaret Atwood: A Word after a Word after a Word is Power, featured at Toronto’s prestigious Hot Docs showcase. Passionate about both human rights and community action, Lindy also organized ‘HAMILTON LOVES YOU: Show of Support for Human Rights Activist Kidus Mehalu and Family’ in February of this year.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”